Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you want to be FB friends with someone like this?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

This is a girl that I became friends with while we used to work together, (Electronics dept. at Wal-Mart). She seemed really cool and nice. I don't work with her anymore, but we remained FB friends. I am considering removing her from my friends list, because we don't ever hang out in person anymore, and I am irritated by her everyday complaining about petty things.

How does this post come across to you? 

I don't know how to make a screen shot, so I just copied/pasted it. 

Alright people here is yet another thing that drives me crazy (I KNOW. The list is long): When some dipshit points out to me the $100 bill I'm checking to see if it's counterfeit is 'the new 100 bill and it looks like monopoly money.' There are 2 reasons this grinds my gears...

1. DUH! It's the new 100 idiot. I work in electronics. I handle more of these in one day than you will probably see in your entire life judging by how your dressed. 
2. If by some random possibility I did not know this is what the new 100 looked like do you really think I would just take your word, like you're not the one trying to spend it?

Ugh people are dumb...

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM

bump

bluemountain75
by SoftballMom on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk I would keep her just to get my daily laughs from her dumb posts.
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Looks like the crazy posts here in confessions.

It's crazy, but we all stick around!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on my mood. I have very short tolerance for lack of common sense so, eventually I'd unfriend her. I'd get some humor out if it first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:11 PM
2 moms liked this
This. I have no patience or tolerance. Really, who is she to be on the judging end of the stick? Are people supposed to be particularly dressed up to get in her line?

Quoting Anonymous: Depends on my mood. I have very short tolerance for lack of common sense so, eventually I'd unfriend her. I'd get some humor out if it first.
angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I am going to just unfriend her. I told her how I felt in a comment. (I usually just skip over her annoying posts and only comment on the ones about her complementing her daughter. It's really the only thing we have in common). Here's what I said:

I deleted my other comment, because I re-read your OP, and I guess I feel like I am being fake by leaving such a friendly comment. Honestly, I find it irritating how every little thing irritates you. It seems like in most of your posts you are complaining about something extremely petty. Putting people down and making assumptions by the way someone is dressed is pretty damn bitchy and judgmental. How is he an idiot by pointing out how the new 100's look like monopoly money? He wasn't assuming that you never seen the bill, he was just commenting about it. (It's called making conversation and being FRIENDLY). How is that so damn irritating that you call him an idiot and blast it on facebook!? You would probably hate to have me as a customer, since I am friendly with retail workers, and like to make conversation, (if I can see that they're not extremely busy). Maybe you need to find a more fulfilling job, where you don't have to deal with people. I am just stating my opinion, like you always do. Hopefully it will open your eyes and see how your attitude comes across to people. (Hopefully, you don't show all of that negativity to your customers). If not, that's fine. I'm sorry. This post just really bothered me, and I just had to say something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM
No, you didn't really have to say something. You chose to say something. What have you accomplished?

Quoting angeleyes16:

I am going to just unfriend her. I told her how I felt in a comment. (I usually just skip over her annoying posts and only comment on the ones about her complementing her daughter. It's really the only thing we have in common). Here's what I said:

I deleted my other comment, because I re-read your OP, and I guess I feel like I am being fake by leaving such a friendly comment. Honestly, I find it irritating how every little thing irritates you. It seems like in most of your posts you are complaining about something extremely petty. Putting people down and making assumptions by the way someone is dressed is pretty damn bitchy and judgmental. How is he an idiot by pointing out how the new 100's look like monopoly money? He wasn't assuming that you never seen the bill, he was just commenting about it. (It's called making conversation and being FRIENDLY). How is that so damn irritating that you call him an idiot and blast it on facebook!? You would probably hate to have me as a customer, since I am friendly with retail workers, and like to make conversation, (if I can see that they're not extremely busy). Maybe you need to find a more fulfilling job, where you don't have to deal with people. I am just stating my opinion, like you always do. Hopefully it will open your eyes and see how your attitude comes across to people. (Hopefully, you don't show all of that negativity to your customers). If not, that's fine. I'm sorry. This post just really bothered me, and I just had to say something.

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

That was totally unnecessary and petty.

Quoting angeleyes16:

angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:00 AM

To unfriend her or my comment?

I am unfriending her, because I don't care to see/read her everyday judgmental posts. (There have been worse ones than this). I commented on it with my opinion, just like everyone else did. Some applauded her, (???)m and some agreed with me. 

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman:

Quoting angeleyes16:

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Your comment. You could have done it privately. She was bitching about a stranger no one knew, you bitched about her in front of her friends. IMO that was petty.

Quoting angeleyes16:

To unfriend her or my comment?

I am unfriending her, because I don't care to see/read her everyday judgmental posts. (There have been worse ones than this). I commented on it with my opinion, just like everyone else did. Some applauded her, (???)m and some agreed with me. 

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman:

Quoting angeleyes16:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)