Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO I'm going to throttle you... Vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
You don't want me moving furniture, but I HAVE to get it moved, and you've bailed on me for close to two weeks now. If you can't come say so, I can make other plans, but don't say you're coming and then not come, it's putting me in a bind.

I'm pregnant and have a heart condition, so he doesn't want me lifting, but at this point I'm borrowing a buddies truck tomorrow, and I'll move the furniture while he's at work.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Am I wrong??? It has to be done he's been saying he will help and hasn't, at what point do you just say screw it and do it yourself.
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Ive done the same thing...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I tell him to pony up for professional movers so you can get this done.  This sets up a horrible cycle in relationship if he keeps flaking on important things like moving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:19 PM
I don't like going behind his back, but I'll do it myself, including tear down and set up. I have 12 hours while he's at work tomorrow.

Quoting MsEmma88: Ive done the same thing...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Don't endanger yourself or baby ffs. Call a mover or reliable friends/family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM
He's not feeling well, and I believe his intentions are good, but if he doesn't feel up to it, he can just tell me.

I'm more than capable of moving furniture. I just need to know I need to do it myself, so I can get a truck and do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I tell him to pony up for professional movers so you can get this done.  This sets up a horrible cycle in relationship if he keeps flaking on important things like moving.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Hire someone, don't risk your health and baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I'm early on, my OB is fine with me doin it as I'm accustomed to physical labor. I can't afford a mover, and all my friends have to work.

My family lives several states away.

Quoting Anonymous: Don't endanger yourself or baby ffs. Call a mover or reliable friends/family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:24 PM
I don't have that kind of extra money laying around. I'm used to physical labor and my dr is fine with me continuing it until my third trimester.

Quoting katemckenzie:

Hire someone, don't risk your health and baby.

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Hire someone to do it, I would not do it myself if it posed a danger to my baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)