Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free lunch for everyone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
4 moms liked this

We just moved  and my son just started a new school....  I gave him 5 bucks for lunch on his first day he came home with all of it and said he ate for free (lunches at schools around here go for 4 bucks a pop)  i didnt think much of it, then I looked at his lunch menu he brought home and it says free breakfast and lunch for everyone...and if they want extras its 2 bucks.  not for low income....for everyone. I live in a city where its pretty expensive here but apparently this school has a great budget....they even order them pizzas from a pizzaria.  They supply everything to students. i asked about supplies and what he needed and they said he needed nothing. Totally shocked.  I am sure this will piss alot of people off but I think its a great thing they are doing.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:23 PM

It is great!

I let DS eat on pizza day and half days but other than that I pack. He likes my food better and I can't blame him...I've seen some of the things they serve(ew).

**Thanks for pointing the typo out. :)

EmilyG10
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:23 PM
That's pretty unheard of. That's great they have a budget for that stuff!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:24 PM
A lot of inner cities are adopting this practice. I knowin Boston it was done to save money. Im assuming the other parts of the country are doing it for the same reason.

We pay here....and im good with that.
mehaffiesub
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awsume wish more school could do that.
mich2.0
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:27 PM

*shrugs* You pay for it through taxes, or you pay for it at the school. Personally, I'd rather pay for it through the school than through taxes.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:27 PM

This year our kids get free meals to. Someone paid for there meals this year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:27 PM

yeah thats what my husband was saying.... that would make sense.  he likes to buy so i leave it up to him

Quoting Anonymous: A lot of inner cities are adopting this practice. I knowin Boston it was done to save money. Im assuming the other parts of the country are doing it for the same reason. We pay here....and im good with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM

wow really? thats awesome

Quoting Raeann11:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:29 PM

im just curious to know why? whats the difference? the menu is the same as if he was paying like at his other school!

Quoting Raeann11:

babie113
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:29 PM
pretty cool
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)