Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is becoming a little liar!! Ahh

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 7 year-old is normally so well-behaved. Really. She does well in school, she's so sweet and a really good friend. She is abnormally well behaved lol. But lately she's started lying about silly things, like brushing her teeth. I know she isn't putting toothpaste on her brush, she just stands there and lets the water run and then tells me she's brushed her teeth (I've caught her lying.) She lied about something else silly today too. We're giving her consequences but it's so frustrating. I have no clue why she's starting to lie Ahhhh.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mehaffiesub
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Shes trying to see if she can get away with it so that if she does get away with it she can try for bigger stuff to get away with when she gets older I glad your trying to put a stop to it now.
bakerytreatz16
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My almost two year old tried to tell me her sister was the one that ate the cookies... Her sister is only 9 weeks old.. I told her I know she was the one who did it, and that lying isn't nice, then she pouted lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ryanswifey42012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Sometimes my 3 and 5 year year olds lie too. I don't know why?
areabrown
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Lol. When my oldest was three or four she already knew how to write her name. Well one day I walk into our bedroom and there is a MONSTER mural on our wall in blue and green crayon. I mean it covered three of the four walls. And in one corner she wrote EMMY in really squiggly letters. When I brought her in and asked her about it she blamed in on her 18 month old sister. Lol. I was like really?! 

We actually made these consequence/reward jars a while back. The jars have popsicle sticks with consequences or rewards on them. So we made her draw a consequence from the jar for lying about hitting her sister. I kinda figure it is an age thing, it's just so frustrating because up til now she's been a pretty easy kid.(0=

Quoting bakerytreatz16: My almost two year old tried to tell me her sister was the one that ate the cookies... Her sister is only 9 weeks old.. I told her I know she was the one who did it, and that lying isn't nice, then she pouted lol

bakerytreatz16
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:02 AM
She also liked to tell me that "jimmy did it.". I don't know who jimmy is lol

Quoting areabrown:

Lol. When my oldest was three or four she already knew how to write her name. Well one day I walk into our bedroom and there is a MONSTER mural on our wall in blue and green crayon. I mean it covered three of the four walls. And in one corner she wrote EMMY in really squiggly letters. When I brought her in and asked her about it she blamed in on her 18 month old sister. Lol. I was like really?! 

We actually made these consequence/reward jars a while back. The jars have popsicle sticks with consequences or rewards on them. So we made her draw a consequence from the jar for lying about hitting her sister. I kinda figure it is an age thing, it's just so frustrating because up til now she's been a pretty easy kid.(0=

Quoting bakerytreatz16: My almost two year old tried to tell me her sister was the one that ate the cookies... Her sister is only 9 weeks old.. I told her I know she was the one who did it, and that lying isn't nice, then she pouted lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)