Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sure I am going to get bashed to hell

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

but oh well lol. My kids haven't been to their dads since before Christmas. They have seen him weekly, when he would come here for dinner, but due to scheduling conflicts and overtime at his job he hasn't been able to take them. Well he called today and said he is taking the next two days off work, he is getting their brother who is one spring break, and he knows theirs isn't until next week, but since they haven't missed any school this year, could they maybe miss the next two days so he could have them all till Sunday?

Well I thought about it for about thirty seconds and said "Sure, Ill call the school, they get home at 2 today for an early out." They are in K and 2nd. They just called to say good night and are having a blast. I am happy for them and I won't lie, it will be nice to have the break, especially since their spring break is next week and they will be home from Wed on. (I work from home and am a single mom so I never really get much of a break lol)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexywife_mama
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Woo hoo! Break out the party hats lol! I know that feeling all too well. Dont feel bad enjoy your break 2 days out of school to be with dad and brother will be good for them.
MaryJarrett
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM
No bashing from me.
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I hope they have an awesome time.

wickedfunmom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I think that's great !! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

That's what I thought. They have both had a few behavioral issues in this time frame because they are used to going to his house at least once a month along with our dinners during the week. We both felt awful but it just hasn't been possible. He has to work. And I am trying to enjoy it but it's already weird lol. It's too quiet here.

Quoting sexywife_mama: Woo hoo! Break out the party hats lol! I know that feeling all too well. Dont feel bad enjoy your break 2 days out of school to be with dad and brother will be good for them.

tisha826
by Tisha on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM
That's nice you let them go:)
bethpelle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I would have done the same thing lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

So far they are.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

I hope they have an awesome time.

JennPearce
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Enjoy your break mama! I'm sure the kids will have a great time! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

They love their daddy and their brother. And they have really missed their time there. I figured that was more important than a couple days of school.

Quoting tisha826: That's nice you let them go:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)