Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I absolutely hate his dog

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
I'm going to strangle that dog. By the time the dog is 5 years old it should know how to listen, among other things. I am tired of him chewing things that aren't his, like shoes and toys. He has literally chewed off the backs of my good shoes. Not only that, but some toys. Including the tops to DD's new princess castle. He has bones and his rope. He says the dog doesn't know better. I call bullshit. He also gets in the garbage cans and will take out paper towels, toilet paper, and diapers, and tear them apart. Along with food wrappers. Don't tell me he doesn't know better!! I am so not a dog person!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Put everything up where he can't get it. Lock your garbage. Dont leave anything out where he can get to it if you can't watch him. Use a muzzle at night.
Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Uh well you gotta train the dog to NOT do those things first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:52 PM
5 moms liked this

The dog is bored.  Have SO take him for walks and outside/dog parks for hard play (of ball or with other dogs).  Also, look into a Kong and fill it with wet dog food and freeze it.  It will keep the dog busy for awhile.  Also crate train if he is doing this while you are gone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this

What kind of dog is it? I had 2 labs and they take FOREVER to mature. Also, it's not the dogs fault, it's the owners. 

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
My dog does the same thing if im irresponcible to and dont put shit away. Its been 5 yrs. Why havent you learned he does this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

The dog sounds bored or frustrated.  Why not take it for a walk, interact and keep on with daily training? Everyone in the family needs to work with the dog.  I get your frustration,  and this is why we don't have a dog because I know I don't have the time at this point in my life, but it's always the peoples fault.  Blame yourself, your dh and any kids old enough, but not the dog. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Where exactly am I going to put a room full of toys. The garbage can has a lid and he will knock it off at night. If I had my way he'd be in a muzzle all the time for his behavior and constant barking.

Quoting Anonymous: Put everything up where he can't get it. Lock your garbage. Dont leave anything out where he can get to it if you can't watch him. Use a muzzle at night.
stargazerwolf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Train him, exercise him a lot...You can't just not do anything with a dog and expect him to be perfect...My dog is super high energy and she starts acting out if she doesnt' get exercise, yet she's normally well behaved. What kind of dog?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Rehome the poor baby. It is obvious you are not responsible owner material.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like he needs training. Can you get him into a dog training school, or whatever it is they have for dogs?

eta: obedience school?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)