Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guess I didn't need to eat this month

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM
  • 17 Replies

Back story:

My ex and I broke up almost 2 years ago. We have a 15 year old son with 50/50 custody.

So I called my son's  pediatric psychiatrist. He told me over a month ago that he was feeling down, and basically described symptoms of depression. The earliest appointment was during my ex's week. My ex called me after I texted him. I wanted to know if he needed me to pick up our son and take him to the appointment, since my ex does not have a car. My ex told me he cancelled the appointment because my son wasn't "comfortable" with her. grrrr. He also said he would get him another psychiatrist to see. A month has gone by, no psychiatrist, and my son continues to suffer. AND my son doesn't seem to know what my ex was talking about, as far as being "comfortable". I mean, he talks to her about 15 minutes, gets a prescription, and that's it. Not a lot of time to worry about being comfortable. PLus, there are very few psychiatrists in town, and She would only see my son if I was private pay.

So I called the old psychiatrists office to make an appointment. The receptionist calls back, and says that there is a balance of $230 before he could be seen again (which is an additional $90)

WTH!! So my ex has taken my son to her before, but hasn't bothered to pay the bill. Now I have to find an extra $230 before my son can get help.

I fucking hate my ex. I didn't use to, but now I do. This is just bull crap.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Document document...denying treatment will get you full custody
strongforthem
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM
I'm sorry =(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Damn momma, I would be super pissed as well. Sorry you're having to put up with him
tisha826
by Tisha on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Sorry he sounds charming.
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:58 PM
That would seriously piss me off.
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Which will make my son miserable, since  he likes the 50/50. I think his dad just didn't want to pay the bill, which is his M.O. and just one of many and varied reasons we split. I am so frustrated that he puts me in this position, and then makes me the bad guy all the time.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Document document...denying treatment will get you full custody

Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Your ds is already on meds and therapy for depression...hello! Something isnt working! Maybe a more.stable.living situation would help.

Or

Turn him over to Dad, let the ex deal with EVERYTHING and stop stressing over it.
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM

My son isn't on meds right now. He was, but I stopped them because he wasn't taking them at his dad's.

It's like I can't win here. If I go back to court, my son will hate me and get even more depressed. Even to the point of harming himself.  There is no way I will let my ex have him completely. He took him for 8 months last year, and it took every penny and bit of emotional energy to get him back. During that time, my ex did not make him attend school. Even now, He misses at least one day a week with his dad. Plus, I already don't have contact with him while he is over there, even though it is court-ordered.

Never marry a narcissist. Seriously, it sucks balls

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:10 AM

so you both put him on meds and then take the meds away until he needs them again?

TheSilence
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:10 AM
I would pay half the bill and the other half can be invoiced to your ex. He can be responsible for his sons care as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)