Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding in public is "indecent exposure" and you should be arrested!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 248 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

A while back I posted a bunch of old pictures of women nursing in public uncovered. One cm member kept saying that if she sees anyone nursing in public without a cover she will call the cops to have then arrested for indecent exposure. Well I just came across this when doing some reading and thought about her right away. Interesting, don't you think?

http://gotopless.org/topless-laws

I'm featured! Lol
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:52 AM
8 moms liked this

It maybe illegal for me to walk around in TN without a shirt, but it's not for me to breastfeed where ever and when ever I so choice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
momof2girls220
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Oh well
lunabella79
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Right on!

Quoting mrssummerlin:

It maybe illegal for me to walk around in TN without a shirt, but it's not for me to breastfeed where ever and when ever I so choice.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM
26 moms liked this

I don't care if one nurses with or without a cover as long as it's done respectfuly and modestly. I don't think there is anything wrong with being thoughtful of those around you.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM
11 moms liked this
I'm all for feeding your child the way you feel is the right way to do so. Be it with a cover no cover or a bottle I say go for it and feed your child.
Queenme101
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Exactly.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I don't care is one nurses with or without a cover as long as it's done respectful and modestly. I don't think there is anything wrong with being thoughtful of those around you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM
10 moms liked this

I am in TN and it is a common thing in my area to see a mother breastfeeding. Around here if we see someone breastfeeding...wait for it...we see it as a good thing.

Quoting mrssummerlin:

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep, same where I'm at. :) 

Quoting ladybugchick317:

I am in TN and it is a common thing in my area to see a mother breastfeeding. Around here if we see someone breastfeeding...wait for it...we see it as a good thing.

Quoting mrssummerlin:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

What part? I am in Chattanooga

Quoting mrssummerlin:

Yep, same where I'm at. :) 

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Quoting mrssummerlin:

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I don't care if one nurses with or without a cover as long as it's done respectfuly and modestly. I don't think there is anything wrong with being thoughtful of those around you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)