Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you buy your child a doll that's a different race?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 498 Replies
13 moms liked this
Someone in an earlier post said they wouldn't feel comfortable buying their white daughter a doll of another race, such as a black one. My daughter and I are the only white people in our family. She has pajamas with little black balarinas on it and when she's old enough for dolls (baby or Barbie or American Girl) she can have whichever she wants. If she says she doesn't like the black ones, she doesn't have to have them. If she wants one, she can have it. I think it encourages imagination and acceptance of others and differences. What do YOU think?? Would you get her any color or size doll? (even an ugly one lol)? :) Begin!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
applesauce_18
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:11 PM
8 moms liked this

Ugh my daughter loves the ugly dolls. She is biracial and we buy her all color dolls.

jtsmommy11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't have a girl but if i did she would get whatever color she wanted
ProudMommaBear
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM
DD has my dolls from when I was little and for her birthday her daycare provider got her a doll that's more on the darker side since DD is part black. She also has other black dolls as well as white ones. I never even put a thought into the color of the doll. Lol
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have bought them whatever dolls they wanted.  My youngest is biracial.  She always picked white dolls.  My oldest is white as white can be, she always wanted a black doll.  A black angel on my tree, a black santa.  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter has different colored dolls. I think she had one dark one with Afro hair, one bald with brown skin, and two white with bald heads.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM
If I had a DD and she wanted it sure
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM
9 moms liked this
I honestly don't see the problem with it. I mean, I have sons, but if one of my nieces wanted a doll of a different race, there would be no issues. My oldest niece asked for a black doll because it looked like her best friend at school, so that way her baby doll had a best friend just like hers!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Well i bought my dd a princess tiana doll and we are white so i suppose i would.
morisa32
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Yes
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD never liked dolls.  But I would have gotten her whatever doll she wanted if she had.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)