Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's a myth that pot will be out of your system in 30 days...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

I used to smoke several times a day for many years. I quit cold turkey when I was 4 weeks pregnant. I was still testing positive for THC 6 months after I quit! I was honest with my doctor about my past drug use and he tested me without my knowledge throughout my pregnancy. I didn't find out until I switched doctors at 30 weeks and my new doctor showed me my paperwork and asked me if I was still using marijuana. They tested me when I gave birth and I tested clean so nothing ever came of it thankfully. I decided that I didn't want to start up again and I haven't smoked in almost 8 years. 

Just thought I would debunk that myth. I know everyone's body is different and just because it happened with me doesn't mean that its like that for others. I also know frequency of use makes a huge difference. Thirty days may be a general rule but for me it was 100% not true! 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FutureCooper118
by Kylie on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM

It has a lot to do with body size. THC attaches to fat cells which is why it's in your system so long. 30 days is a minimal.. but I have heard up to a few months. I have always been underweight due to being 3 months early and was able to pass a drug test for employment within 6 days with just drinking water.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Then you must be really overweight or something. I have friends that years ago basically smoked all day everyday and were able to pass drug tests in a few days with just drinking a lot of water and green tea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM
If you are overweight, it can last a long time as it stores in fat cells. The more you have, the longer it takes to leave your system.
pookietooth
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM

It just goes to show, you shouldn't be honest with your doctors, they will go behind your back. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Quoting FutureCooper118:

It has a lot to do with body size. THC attaches to fat cells which is why it's in your system so long. 30 days is a minimal.. but I have heard up to a few months. I have always been underweight due to being 3 months early and was able to pass a drug test for employment within 6 days with just drinking water.

I was 5'9 and 130lbs so I don't think that applied to me at the time. I think the biggest things in my case were long time use and that I was pregnant. Maybe your body hangs onto fat more during pregnancy? One time when I was 17 I quit for 2 weeks and drank a ton of water to pass a drug test but I obviously failed lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Nope. 5'9 and 130 lbs. I was a size 6

Quoting Anonymous: Then you must be really overweight or something. I have friends that years ago basically smoked all day everyday and were able to pass drug tests in a few days with just drinking a lot of water and green tea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM

That is true but I was a size 6 at 5'9 and 130 lbs. So it wasn't true for me lol

Quoting Anonymous: If you are overweight, it can last a long time as it stores in fat cells. The more you have, the longer it takes to leave your system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM
As a former military recruiter, I can tell you it should take no longer than 45 days, much less for some people. I never once in 9 years conducting tests, had one come back positive 45 days after their last use. I did thousands, so it's not a myth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Quoting pookietooth:

It just goes to show, you shouldn't be honest with your doctors, they will go behind your back. 

My second doctor was awesome though. I just don't think the first one believed me that I had really quit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM

This has been my experience as well. I've never known anyone who couldn't flush it out of their system in 24 hours. That's why no one ever fails those drug tests for welfare. Now hair is a different story of course. If people started testing hair for welfare A LOT of failing would be going on.

Quoting Anonymous: Then you must be really overweight or something. I have friends that years ago basically smoked all day everyday and were able to pass drug tests in a few days with just drinking a lot of water and green tea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)