Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Didn't realize it was frowned upon..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
To reach the school 15 minutes early for parent teacher conferences. I thought it was considerate to allow a few minutes wiggle room for traffic and to not be late and make the teacher wait on you.

P.S. I was not expecting to be seen early. We just always allow extra time for traffic.

Also, there was another father there that was also 15 minutes early like us. The security guard rolled his eyes. The teacher wasn't upset though. He called us in when HE was ready. And we were just fine with that.

He was nicer as we were leaving though....

Anyone else usually get there a little early just in case?

Teachers of the group, would that annoy you?

To add: We were this teachers first meeting of the day.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:28 PM
What the heck was he rolling his eyes for??? Nothing wrong with you being early, your just sitting there not bothering anyone!
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm always a little early.  Maybe he's just a roll his eyes type guy. Meh.

arizbet22
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I was annoyed because the teacher decided to see these parents and made me wait half an hour.  I dont know how early they arrived because I was 10 minutes early to my appt.  After half an hour I knocked. Only because all they were doing is talkign crap about another parent. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I'm going to school to get my degree in education, that wouldn't bother me at all, I'd rather people be early, then be late, inconvenience others, expect special treatment, and get huffy because they didn't get the full allotted time (even though THEY were late). Parents behavior is a good indication of how they raise their children.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:30 PM
We get there a little early and don't expect to be seen at time of arrival.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm chronically early, lol. I can't remember the last thing I got to late.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM

I always go early because the Teachers are ALWAYS running behind. They send you a letter with an appointment time BUT they always always always are running late.

This happened Tuesday.......

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM
I personally arrive everywhere 10 to 15 minutes early. I get bad anxiety attacks if I feel rushed to get somewhere on time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I'm always early. At least I show up. Some parents are flakes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I have no idea what his problem was. We were just looking at a painting on a wall. We usually check out the art lining the walls. Lol

Quoting hello_kitty25: What the heck was he rolling his eyes for??? Nothing wrong with you being early, your just sitting there not bothering anyone!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)