Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Potty training help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

My dd (she just turned 2 in Jan) has finally starting using her potty chair. Around the house I let her run without her diaper on because if I put her diaper on she'll just pee in that. She doesn't tell me when she has to pee, she just walks over to the potty and goes. I've tried putting underwear on her, but she''ll just pee in those. It's like if something is on her she doesn't attempt to use her potty, how do I teach her to pull down her underwear instead of peeing herself? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM

bump

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM

"Let 'em run around naked" seems to be the general consensus for potty training from my mom's generation. It seems to be working for DS (also 2) as well, so just go with it. She'll figure it out eventually.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I'm probably going to do, because she's been on a roll with using the potty to go pee in. She hasn't used a diaper during the day in like a little over a week now. I still can't get her to poop in the potty yet, lol. 

Quoting B1Bomber:

"Let 'em run around naked" seems to be the general consensus for potty training from my mom's generation. It seems to be working for DS (also 2) as well, so just go with it. She'll figure it out eventually.

Katie3621
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM
This. She'll figure it out.

Quoting B1Bomber:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN