Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, I feed my 9-month-old this!!!!! So what??? *ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
Someone I know keeps yelling at me and making a huuuuge deal out of the fact that I let my daughter have unsalted pretzels to chew/suck on (she's teething and it keeps her occupied, the sticks so she can't choke). And original graham crackers as a special treat. And then occasionally a Ritz cracker or two. Some plain bread here and there, a flake from my cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats). I always give her a little taste of what I eat (last night was a dinner roll, steamed carrots, cooked potato and chicken. She got bites of all except chicken-not comfortable with yet). Anyway so this person keeps telling me I'm being a bad mom and need to "do my research" because "my baby is already too big" and I need to "stop giving her things she can't have yet." WDYT??

*ETA she said instead of all that to give the baby CHEESE PUFFS like the processed fat shit and french fries.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Ask her doctor.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM
4 moms liked this
How's it not a choking hazard if it's a stick pretzel
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this
My 9 month old gets whatever I'm eating. I like to let him explore tastes. I see no problem with it, other than the obvious cautions.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I would stop talking to them about what I feed my kid.

polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM
This person sounds stupid. I personally wouldn't be giving so many grains but there's nothign wrong with the baby having them. Food is just for fun at this age anyway. At nine months old my kids were eating two meals a day with me and getting normal food like French toast and chicken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell them to shove it. I give my 9 month old hat type of thing. Actually she's never had baby food at all. It's called baby-led weaning and it's the bomb. Tell her to do HER research.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM
I did the same with my child. I don't see the big deal.
Creekie.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM

I would personally be giving my baby chicken before a pretzel, but hey - I don't think you're doing something to harm your child so who the eff cares? :D 

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Idk 7 years ago that was the time to start table food so sounds normal to me
MinglingMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Tell her to get off your back and if she's so in to "reasearch" she can look up baby-led-weaning. We did the same with DD but always broke it up into bite-size pieces for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)