Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms.. help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

I am newly a stay at home mom and just dont understand how you ladies do it.. Im starting to feel extremely lonely. 

I wake up at 7am, i have all the cleaning done by 9am. The rest of the day is pretty boring. I take my son to the park, story time at the library, read, play games with him and try to keep him busy.. but to be honest im just bored most of the time. i clean through out the day, cook dinner, and sometimes we watch movies. I'm in a couple of moms group and try to do playdates at least 2 times a week. 

What do you ladies do all day? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:05 PM

i clean in the moring then we play inside till lunch then naps im on cm while they nap then if it warm we go outside after nap and then back in at 5 when dh gets off work i dont do play groups or nothing because i dont know anyone here i just moved here in nov and still dont know anyone

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:06 PM

My little one doesnt nap. He does go to school two days a week for a few hours. 

I joined a couple of moms groups on meetup.com because most of my friends are working moms.

Quoting Anonymous:

i clean in the moring then we play inside till lunch then naps im on cm while they nap then if it warm we go outside after nap and then back in at 5 when dh gets off work i dont do play groups or nothing because i dont know anyone here i just moved here in nov and still dont know anyone

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I do a lot of what you do. I also work out each day. I never feel lonely, I enjoy being bymyself and it has never bothered me. If it's not for you then you can always become a working mom.

Tuned.Out
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Run errands, shop, self maintenance (nails, hair, facials..), workout, search out new recipes and food ideas, go out to lunch/shopping with friends,volunteer at a couple local orgs., volunteer at my son's school (field trips, fund raisers..etc he's in High School) and so many other things.

I'm never bored and always have something to do (or can find something to do).

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I was a working mom, thats why i said newly stay at home mom. 

I am 34 weeks pregnant and my husband and I agreed that i would be a stay at home mom. 

My son is 4 and i stay at home with him until he was 1 1/2 and im going to do the same with this one. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I do a lot of what you do. I also work out each day. I never feel lonely, I enjoy being bymyself and it has never bothered me. If it's not for you then you can always become a working mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM

only my yongest naps she is 1 1/2 and my three year old watches tv while ydd naps but yes it does get boring and lonely but im trying to find a babysitter so i can start working again i have only been a sthm since nov i have always been working atleast parttime

Quoting Anonymous:

I joined a couple of moms groups on meetup.com because most of my friends are working moms.

Quoting Anonymous:

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Most of the women in my neighborhood are sahm's. We get together at each other's houses during th week. I also do mommy and me yoga and play dates.

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You need a hobby.  Something to do just for yourself.

Do you enjoy crafts of any type.  Maybe try something new.  Over the years I did candle making, wood-work decorating, shirt painting, cake decorating, calligraphy, card-making (by hand and on the computer) and sewing.  Now I own a floor loom and am looking to make a small business from the items I make.

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this

When you only have one and they are very young, it was boring, I admit. Now that I have four kids and three of them home school (5, 7, 8), I volunteer 20-30 hours a week and I make projects for charity, I am really busy all the time.

In the early years I just focused on making my home a home; organizing, decorating, playing with my children, strengthening my marriage, learning crafts (cooking healthy meals, quilting, embroidery, etc.) and other things that benefitted the family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I was a stay at home mom for when my son was born until he turned 1 1/2. i went back to work. 

I am now 34 weeks pregnant and my husband and I agreed that i would be a stay at home mom again until baby is 1 1/2. 

It just so much different now. maybe i forgot how boring it is 

Quoting Anonymous:

only my yongest naps she is 1 1/2 and my three year old watches tv while ydd naps but yes it does get boring and lonely but im trying to find a babysitter so i can start working again i have only been a sthm since nov i have always been working atleast parttime

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)