Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Devastated over husband not wanting more children. (Update)

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:26 PM
  • 51 Replies

Have you been through something like this in your relationship? If so how did you get through it?

This is a hypothetical question it has nothing to do with me personally. I'm just asking a question to get your story on whether or not you felt this way at one time and if so how did you cope with it. 

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:29 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm going through it now, we're getting a goat.

aidyns_mommy
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:29 PM
No, I'm sorry :*(

Did you guys talk about kids before marriage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband pesters me about wanting more kids from time to time. All I do is relist why we decided on one and normally he's good to go. However when that doesn't work I give the "it's my body speech."

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM
How many do you have already?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My DH gave in and he is glad he did. Although this was his first. I have two from a previous marriage
shaunaleigh418
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Going through it now. He said we'll talk about it in two years. But I don't see his stance changing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. I wanted more, he didn't. The time was never right, in my opinion, for more and now that my son is almost 7, I've decided the baby factory is closed. LOL. So, all that to say the circumstances kind of sorted it out for us. I would love to adopt a preteen through foster care down the road.
TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this
We decided how many children we wanted before we were married.
countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Nope. 

When we first met I told him I didn't want kids at all. He wanted at least one but was willing to sacrifice that to be with me. 

We ended up having two unplanned pregnancies and we both decided against being able to have more so I had my tubes tied the day after delivering our second child and he had a vasectomy a few weeks later. 

anjones09
by Ash on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here.

Quoting TheSilence: We decided how many children we wanted before we were married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN