Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i am a sahm who is content and low income

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am bored. DH fell asleep. So i decided to get some action going on cafemoms tonight because it is dead.

I am a sahm, We are low income. well Some wouldn't think we are low income but i think we are. Our income is around $40k a year. We have less than $2500 saved. We don't have a retirement, college funds, 401k. We don't take expensive vacations, but we do, do short family outings.  We may not go out to dinner much or to movies. We have old cars. 

My family is content and happy. We do not think money makes people happy but how you choose to live you life.

There is one more thing i know that will get it started. My family gets medicaid. The reason being. Last year we were very low income.  In April our income changed.  when i turned in my change I was working as well. When i turned in my change. They cancelled our food stamps, like we expected but what we didn't expect was to keep the medicaid. I was thinking that was going to be cancelled as well. But it wasn't. So when they approved us to let us continue to get medicaid they had us down with 2 incomes not one.

My reason for quitting my job. I have plenty but i will only list one. We had to move to be closer to my dh job. That put me over an hour away from my minimum wage paying job. Since moving here.  i have started be become a sahm. Yes i have looked for work but at this moment we are content. we are not welfare abuser. We don't lie or cheat the system. we don't get food stamps. I know i will be called a welfare queen, moochers,blah, blah, blah. but i really don't care. My kids are happy, fed and  content.  

So go for it.  all yea, i also know i will hear the famous line of all i hear are excuses. lol. but if you bash, i will not reply.  But i will find it funny to see some of you lady get so upset.  but no matter what you say, i will lay my head down to night and sleep without a care in the world because i am happy with my life. I have a great husband, 2 wonderful children who make me happy.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM

nobody biting tonight

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM

BUMP!

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:07 PM

so. i am bored. everyone is asleep but me and i can't sleep. plus spring break starts tomorrow so i don't have to get up as early tomorrow.

Quoting norwgnwood: Dumb.

jcpeters0320
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:09 PM
My family of 3 did fine when just my husband (now ex) was working and making only 30k a year. No bashing from me. I confused about the medicaid though. Where I live adults don't qualify for medicaid if they make more than 500 a month combined with a family of 3. Children do though.
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Maybe spend the time looking up how to save money?

Quoting Anonymous:

so. i am bored. everyone is asleep but me and i can't sleep. plus spring break starts tomorrow so i don't have to get up as early tomorrow.

Quoting norwgnwood: Dumb.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this

How do you plan retiring?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM
The should take your medical away .
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM

So how will your children afford college? We don't have college savings because we are still paying off our own student loans. I don't want my kids to have that burden!

If we can't get a college savings put together in time for the kids then I will help them pay for it out of pocket if I have to even if it means I will have to take a second or third job. Of course, they will be expected to work at least part time as well.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm a working mom who loves her job and her lifestyle. Kicker my husband makes more than enough to support us. I choose to work.

Really no one cares about my choices just like they don't care about yours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)