Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm pretty sure you ladies would hate my brother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
He's 23 and single. He's never held a job more than a couple weeks. So welfare pays for everything. Literally. He gets 150.00 in fs, he gets 90.00 in cash every 2 weeks, welfare pays his rent. (His rent includes electric, heat, water, cable and wifi) he gets 40.00 in gas vouchers every two weeks also so he never pays for has for his car. He gets Medicaid. When his car broke down a few months ago welfare gave him a voucher to get it fixed at a local mechanics. And He gets a 50.00 voucher to the Salvation Army for clothes every 6 months (yes I know it's the Salvation Army but damn he can afford his own clothes)

A position opened up at entry level where my dh works. No experience needed. They pay for training. DH told my brother that he could put in a good word for him and my brother said nope. That he was fine and didn't need a job. He really plans on living as long as he can the way he is. It makes me want to shake him.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

What a loser.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Does he have kids? Sounds like the kind of guy lots of women on this site would be lined up out the door to procreate with...
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM
3 moms liked this

He's a testament to his generation....the generation that will bankrupt the nation!

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM
I wouldn't hate him, I do feel sorry for him though. And unfortunately there are many who have this same mentality.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I dont know that I would hate him, but I surely wouldnt date him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Wow he is lazy and a loser. I dont get why people are like that and would rather live off the goverment.

3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

What specific PA programs does he qualify for?

Lauren6310
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
That's gross and unfortunate.
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I didn't know you could even get that much PA without dependants or a disability?

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Yikes.

The government pays for a lot of shit! How does he get gas and car repairs and clothes?

As far as I know here in mississippi they will only give you food stamps and insurance till your 19 and there is a huge years long waiting list for HUD which only pays so much of your rent no bills and I never heard of them buying your gas or clothes or anything else
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN