Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm pretty sure you ladies would hate my brother

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He's 23 and single. He's never held a job more than a couple weeks. So welfare pays for everything. Literally. He gets 150.00 in fs, he gets 90.00 in cash every 2 weeks, welfare pays his rent. (His rent includes electric, heat, water, cable and wifi) he gets 40.00 in gas vouchers every two weeks also so he never pays for has for his car. He gets Medicaid. When his car broke down a few months ago welfare gave him a voucher to get it fixed at a local mechanics. And He gets a 50.00 voucher to the Salvation Army for clothes every 6 months (yes I know it's the Salvation Army but damn he can afford his own clothes)

A position opened up at entry level where my dh works. No experience needed. They pay for training. DH told my brother that he could put in a good word for him and my brother said nope. That he was fine and didn't need a job. He really plans on living as long as he can the way he is. It makes me want to shake him.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Wow. Did you grow up with him? I mean, is there a huge age difference between the two of you and you moved out while he was still very young? What happened that he has zero motivation?

o.0
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I will never understand how a healthy, young person, with no responsibilities can get welfare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I sure hope he's the exception and not my sister... She's a 23 year old single working mom going to school and has never collected a cent from the government. We weren't all raise to be worthless moochers, some young people still have some sense of pride!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

He's a testament to his generation....the generation that will bankrupt the nation!

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:27 AM

What pisses me off most..is how the flying fuck did they give him a voucher to fix his car?! They don't do that here. What.the.actual.fuck?

rcmama10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:28 AM

My brother in law is doing the same thing and his mom could care less he just turned 25 and loves to party and getting into trouble. My husband tried to help out but it completely blew up in his face so now we just keep our distance. If anything were to happen to him, i could care less but i would really feel bad for his mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I'm sure my brother is a million times worse than yours and you will want to kiss your brother if I told you shit about mine.i would happily trade you

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I wouldn't hate him but I wouldn't want to associate with him. It's sad that people actually WANT to live off of the government and not earn things for themselves.

And for the record, I'm not against PA at all but I don't think someone should literally live off of the government for the rest of their life.
KenneMaw
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Although I try not to hate anyone, your brother exhibits everything that is wrong with this country.   He should join the military and 'pay back' all of the blessings this country has bestowed on him.

theirmommy04
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM
What state do you live in? When I was a single mom making $8.50/hr I did not qualify for childcare assistance or FS or Medicaid for myself. Crazy how some states help anyone and in so many ways!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Does your brother not realize that he can only collect cash assistance for a limited time before he will NEVER be able to get it again? And also, they make you pay that back? His future tax checks will be flagged for the amounts he's received. I know that for a fact. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN