Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

AllrecipeS.com is full of idiots. *ADDED*

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM
  • 221 Replies
50 moms liked this
I mean, have you read the reviews on every single recipe?

ex: Oh I give this 5 stars!! I only changed every single ingredient amount and added these 5 things, used a completely different temp and time but it was great!!!

Just thought I'd vent my frustrations lol

********* Ok so SOME are having some reading comprehension trouble. I don't care, and even applaud you, for taking a recipe and MAKING IT YOUR OWN. My point WAS that if you take an online recipe and change nearly every ingredient plus the amounts and method of cooking, why go back to that recipe (which is not even what you really made anymore) and review it with all your changes? You're basically giving your own recipe 5 stars under someone else's recipes' reviews lol

And yes, vice versa as some have pointed out. When you change everything and give it a poor review. Point. Less.

I understand a tweak here and there is great and that IS why I even bother reading the reviews (honestly I don't know why you wouldn't read at least one review under a recipe before diving head first into it. It's just like purchasing something, I need to make sure there aren't any flaws that I or the "seller" aren't seeing or revealing before I buy).

Anyhow, hope I cleared that up.
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ktwister
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I've noticed that too.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM
7 moms liked this
Lol,
This just goes to show that my policy of avoiding the comments section just about everywhere on the interwebz is sound.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM

LOL yes. I do use that site and people review a recipe and they changed the whole thing.

LCJan21
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I hate when people do that! You didn't follow the recipe at all. I understand tweaking some things, but when you replace virtually every ingredient...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that this bugs. Lol
Amybelle
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I hear ya

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't really read the comments.
MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Yeah it's always like that!
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:01 PM
6 moms liked this

Sometimes the reviews are hilarious.  But I have foud some great stuff on there that work our perfectly with out changing a thing

caito
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, it's the same for almost every single recipe site. Some are genuinely helpful, but most are annoying as shit.

supergasper
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I have had this exact same thought!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)