Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD and puberty/hormones... PMS??

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
DD is 10, and she has already started the beginnings of puberty, she needs a bra, she is starting to grow body hair, etc. She hasn't started her period yet, but today out of nowhere I would swear she is PMSing! We were going to lunch with my parents and she got pissed to the point of yelling because the sports bra she had on showed with the shirt she chose so she had to change one or the other... then 10 minutes later she broke down in tears telling me school was hard this year and she feels like she has to be perfect in everything she does. This is not something she has ever expressed to me before... so it was out of the blue. She basically didn't talk at all during lunch and actually cried when my mom kept asking her what was wrong.

I asked her if she was feeling OK, if her stomach hurt or anything and he said no. I explained that the reason I wanted to know was sometimes before your period (we've talked about periods) you can feel upset and emotional for no reason, which is exactly what she told me she was feeling.

I guess I am just a bit surprised and wondering if anyone else's DD has experienced PMS before actually having their first period? Or is this something else I need to look into further?
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM
My mom later told me she was tempted to beat my first period out if me. 0.o Apparently, I was an emotional basketcase and a royal pain in her ass.
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:02 PM
LOL! As much as I don't want her to start and have to "deal" with her period, if this is what it's going to be like until she starts, one of us may not make it that long! (J/k obviously) lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: My mom later told me she was tempted to beat my first period out if me. 0.o Apparently, I was an emotional basketcase and a royal pain in her ass.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Yes, they can experience it up to two years before they get it. My oldest is ten and started it a year ago. She just started to develop breast and the pmsing is getting more constant.

jenny3344
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:06 PM

My DD also 10 seems to pms too at times. The other day she asked if she could get her ears pierced and I said yes Im ok with that. But she went on to say all her friends have pierced ears and some have 2 piercings. Even some boys have them too and she is the only one in her class without them. She started to cry and kept saying she just wants her ears pierced. I was shocked at her pms like response because I said yes she can get them pierced....She is also developing early and wears a bra and shaves. Maybe it is hormonal even at that age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM
My dd got pms for a whole year before her period and a week before she went nuts. Then she started. After that we only have moment right before
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:12 PM
That's what I'm hoping will happen with DD! I only really PMS like the day before I start, so I'm hoping she'll be the same.

She's in 5th grade, and I was in 5th grade when I started, so I'm hoping we're not in for 2 years of this like some said!

Quoting Anonymous: My dd got pms for a whole year before her period and a week before she went nuts. Then she started. After that we only have moment right before
mama111609
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I swear my sister PMS'd for 3 years before she actually got her period. It was painful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN