Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ex wont let me leave the state :( edit

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
  • 120 Replies
Have to consult my lawyer. I want to move back to where our families live(his and mine) we habe zero family here in colorado. I have lived here by myself (dh is gone 2/3 of the yr) so my oldest could be by his dad. But im tired of it. I want all 3 kids to have grandparents/cousins/aunts etc in their lives.
Edit

After not sleeping all night I decided not to move. As much as I want to and as much as I think it would be great for our family I cant do that to my ex :/
Thanks for the advice/thoughts
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Anyone else experienced this?? Also ex husband works A LOT so ds would be in school\daycare mostly. Im a sahm
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Hope all goes well for you.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Thanks. Me too

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Hope all goes well for you.
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Couldn't you do a compromise? He gets your son during the summer?
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Absolutely. And xmas and spring break. As well as long weekends etc. I offered to pay for flights too

Quoting MilkLover0203: Couldn't you do a compromise? He gets your son during the summer?
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM

You will have to get this revisited in court. There really is no legal way around it (that I know of).

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I have no experience. My exhusband was ok with us moving. He still sees my boys a lot even though we are far away now. Make sure your lawyer has a good visitation plan so the court sees you are not trying to abandon him with your son.
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM
This. I hope everything works out!

Quoting MilkLover0203: Couldn't you do a compromise? He gets your son during the summer?
snowpeasmom
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM
My friend won her case. She has to send her daughter back to her dad for 1/2 of winter break, 2/3 summer break, and every other spring break.

She is responsible for the winter flights out and he is for the summer flights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:52 PM
You mean keep him from his son?

Quoting MrsDavidB25: I have no experience. My exhusband was ok with us moving. He still sees my boys a lot even though we are far away now. Make sure your lawyer has a good visitation plan so the court sees you are not trying to abandon him with your son.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN