Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really pisses me off cps thinks they can tell me who babysits my kid!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies
My nanny's ex is a conniving bastard with family is social services. Now I know for a fact she does not do drugs. She is with me all the time and when she has the kids alone there is a nanny cam. Well he has accused her of drug abuse and neglect and obtained temporary emergency custody of their child per recommendation of cps. Now they have contacted me and told me she can no longer be employed as my nanny. Wtf? None of their fucking business
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:38 PM
11 moms liked this
...I wouldn't want all that drama around my child anyway.
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

While I can feel your frustration, I also see this going the other way. If something happened to one of your children the whole world would be crying outrage at them for not informing you that your nanny was under investigation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM
They didn't have to inform me. She told me as soon as she found out. I know her, they don't.

Quoting bcoll:

While I can feel your frustration, I also see this going the other way. If something happened to one of your children the whole world would be crying outrage at them for not informing you that your nanny was under investigation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Bump
TemptingFate
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
So see if when there's a court date if you can be like a... character witness or whatever they are called.

Quoting Anonymous: They didn't have to inform me. She told me as soon as she found out. I know her, they don't.

Quoting bcoll:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:14 PM
I would love to! But now I have like 48 hours to find a reliable responsible nanny

Quoting TemptingFate: So see if when there's a court date if you can be like a... character witness or whatever they are called.

Quoting Anonymous: They didn't have to inform me. She told me as soon as she found out. I know her, they don't.

Quoting bcoll:

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Actually ys they can.

And they can also tell you to fire her if she is found guilty....and if you dot you can get in trouble
Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:15 PM

its for the safety of your child until they get the drama straightened out.

good lord lady.

abecee
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Are you looking for a nanny or a babysitter?

Chels3
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:19 PM

I get how frustrating it is. But if its not true, it'll be over soon. And he can get in trouble for false reporting. (If he didn't anon it) It's for your kids good (In their eyes) and yes they can unfortunately tell you to do/don't do whatever the hell they want. I was told this and it made me laugh, sadly because it's true.  "We feed our kids, raise our kids, teach our kids, clothe our children, keep our children safe... but CPS ultimately OWNS our kids. Can take our kids, and put them with whomever they've deemed "fit". They're not really our children until CPS say's so." (OBVIOUSLY excluding the cases that CPS really does protect children. False reports are all too common now a days though.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN