Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister thinks it's inappropriate we don't call each other "mom" and "dad"?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
My daughter's first word was "Mike", my DH's name, because she hears me call him that. I thought it was funny. She calls both of us mom and dad now.

My sister thinks we shouldn't refer to each other by our first names around her. I'm not calling my husband "dad", it creeps me out. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My grandmother always calls grandpa "grandfather " or "father". It creeps us all out, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh, we say mom and dad, so did my parents lol. Just what we are used to. I don't think it matters either way.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I think that's odd. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:58 PM
6 moms liked this
Actually I'll add that when we call each other mom or dad it's when we are doing something involving our kids.
vicky31
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:58 PM
I don't refer dh as daddy, or he calls me mommy. It's just wierd, I would HATE him for calling me mom, I HATE his mom.

Dd's first word was still mama
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:58 PM
5 moms liked this

I think that's strange lol. I only refer to DF as "dad" or "daddy" when I'm speaking to the kids about him, or in context with our kids. "Daddy will be home soon." "Ohhh dadddddy, DD has a surprise for you!" Stuff like that.

Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Same, that'd creep me out! I'll ask them to take something to daddy, or vise versa, but if I'm talking to him, I address him as such by his name or whatever I call him.
abecee
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM

dh and I call each other by our first names.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM

we don't but i  have a few friends that do that.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I wouldn't call my dh "dad" either, because he's not my dad.  plus, I always found that a wee bit creepy.

of course, I never call him by name either, it's always "sweetie", "honey", "babe".  it's funny because I'll say "sweetie" and four people will turn around - dh and all the kids.  it could be anyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)