Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

great niece is stupid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies
I raised her like she was my dd instead of a niece and when she was 16 she decided to finish high-school early and start working but continued living with me. A couple years later she met a man thats 4 years older than her and ended up pregnant with his baby and they moved out on their own. After the baby was born he encouraged her to go back to school and cut back on her work hours (they were financially stable at this point ). Now though they've both been laid off, him because he does construction and business has been too slow this summer, and her because the company she worked for closed in January. They lost their apartment in October because they became unable to pay bills and she's been living with me with her son since. She paid me when she got her taxes back, but now it's come about that she's pregnant again and I don't want her living here. I don't think she should have another baby and I want her out before it gets here. She's been actively trying to find a job, I'll give her that but I don't want her money, I want her to pay me for whatever time she's been here and to get out and she isn't doing it and I don't know how to word it to her and her not hold a grudge for putting them out.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:32 PM
2 moms liked this
That's why you set up guidelines BEFORE they move in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Your house, your rules. Tell her you don't want little babies in the house. Good luck.
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do you want her out before the baby gets there? Especially if she has no place to go?

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Wow. Have you talked to her about this?

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I can understand why you want her to move out before the baby is born but damn the way you worded it is cold. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:37 PM
*bump*
corasmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Maybe you can help her set up a plan to become financially stable, would she be receptive to that? I don't blame you for being tired of it all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM
I didn't have a problem with it until I found out she's having another baby.

Quoting Anonymous: That's why you set up guidelines BEFORE they move in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:40 PM
I've told her I want her out before the baby gets here and she said she plans to be out way before then, but I don't want her living here now even though I agreed to it. Part of me feels like this is her problem not mine.

Quoting Anonymous: Your house, your rules. Tell her you don't want little babies in the house. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Wow.... Just wow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)