Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

gonna see if we can break

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:31 PM
  • 16 Replies
Our lease early and move into my parents house. We have been having a horrible landlord. We keep calling and calling to see if they can come by to take a look at the heat, our stove, salt the drive way, and look at my daughters door, and took three freaking monthz to get a laundry room key that works. Going to call my grandpa on know what actions to take to break the lease. Im fed up with this place. I know i can find a better place to live and thats is way safe to live in. I can prett much sue my landlord cause of the ice thats in the drive way between my drives door and my neighbors.
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Good luck. I know someone who just lost in court to her landlord and their problems were worse than yours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:36 PM
You can't salt your own damn driveway?
jcm28
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Call the city on him or her
oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM
She told me when i called the first that she didnt have anybody in the area to put salt down and the weather that we had will melt that. Causr last thursday mt husband fell on the ice hit his bavk and hit the van. And my daughter hit her left leg wrong and fractured it. And if we would i can get the xrays from the doctors. And take pictures of the ice and got proof of my daughter being in a splint and im glad that today she didnt need to get a cast on. Plus the drain from the gutter has a black pipe attach to it lead the water between mine and my neighnors car. Thats one thing i can sue about.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck. I know someone who just lost in court to her landlord and their problems were worse than yours.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Just salt your own driveway, and pay to have those things fixed and take it off your rent. 

oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Its aa public drive way. The only thing that they salt are the damn porch.

Quoting Anonymous: You can't salt your own damn driveway?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Look into trying to be constructively evicted,  that means the place is not meeting the standards that it should and you can leave your lease with no penalty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Do you by any chance live in CT? My friend husband had a similar fall. They have leaking pipes, doors that don't close, fire hazards like bad electrical etc. I know her landlord has several properties. The judge gave her slum lord 60 days to fix the issues and he has to pay for NONE of the injuries that his crap house has caused.

Quoting oliveoil423: She told me when i called the first that she didnt have anybody in the area to put salt down and the weather that we had will melt that. Causr last thursday mt husband fell on the ice hit his bavk and hit the van. And my daughter hit her left leg wrong and fractured it. And if we would i can get the xrays from the doctors. And take pictures of the ice and got proof of my daughter being in a splint and im glad that today she didnt need to get a cast on. Plus the drain from the gutter has a black pipe attach to it lead the water between mine and my neighnors car. Thats one thing i can sue about.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Wah unless it's in your lease they don't have to. Hell my grandmas senior condos won't plow unless it's over 3ins. You could have cleared or salted the area by your car. The heat and oven are only emergencies under certain circumstances. Door isn't. Do u have any requests in writing? No...the. You have no leg to stand on.

Quoting oliveoil423: Its aa public drive way. The only thing that they salt are the damn porch.

Quoting Anonymous: You can't salt your own damn driveway?
oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:43 PM
I rather live some where safe and things that dont break. Its a public drive way. They have to automatically do it. Im not spending anymore stuff like that. Its our landlords job to make sure that the people that are renting from them stay safe and things like that dont happen. Know i will not be renting apartment from them again.

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Just salt your own driveway, and pay to have those things fixed and take it off your rent. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)