Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sister in law situation. Kiss. Not sure what to do. Updated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies

Things with my husband have been drifting for a long time now. We just aren't in love anymore. We have 2 kids under 5 and another in grade school. We are going through the motions for the kids. During all this my SIL has been my person that I lean on. We have gotten very close this last year, she is my best friend. 

We try to go to lunch a couple times a month but I can't always make it out with the littles, so she usually comes to the house. Yesterday (Friday) she came over and was really down about being passed over for a promotion at work. I was giving her a pep talk, saying maybe it for for the best, that something better was coming, that she was a great person and that good things were going to happen for her. Then I told her how thankful I was that she has been there for me when I needed her and that I would be lost without her. 

Then she kissed me. It wasn't a deep kiss, she just leaned over and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. I was dumbstruck. Then she grabbed her stuff, thanked me for lunch and then left.

WHAT THE HELL?! Now I can't stop thinking about it, what do I do? Ignore it? Bring it up? Do I tell my husband!?

Update
I can't sleep so I guess I will update.

I texted her and asked her to go to the park with me and the kids but we got rained out.

So I asked her to go with my to party city today ( Tuesday ) to help me pick out some stuff for my son's birthday party.

We met and acted like nothing happened. It was a little awkward at first but the outing went fine.

Around 9pm she sent me a text and wanted to talk about what happened.
She apologized and said she was caught up in the moment. That she really needed to hear the things I was telling her and she just lost herself for a minute. She said that she really hopes she doesn't lose me as a friend but that if I wanted to distance myself that she understood.

I decided to tell my dh what happened because I was feeling guilty about hiding it. To say that he didn't understand is an understatement. He flipped out and accused me of having an affair with his sister. He just absolutely wouldn't listen to me he was screaming and slamming cabinet doors and wouldn't speak to me at all. He locked himself in the bedroom and I just stayed in the living room.
About an hour ago he left the house and won't answer his phone.

I should have kept my mouth shut.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:04 AM
22 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much. 

Quoting Sassy762:

katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she's just an affectionate woman! Lol. That's all I got for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Oh God. I don't know. How confusing....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Quoting katyusha42: Maybe she's just an affectionate woman! Lol. That's all I got for you.

This whole situation is just so weird. I can't sleep 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Do you know her to be a lesbian?

Quoting Anonyous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:13 AM

No, she's always dated men 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know her to be a lesbian?

Quoting Anonyous:

Quoting Anonymous:

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Well I think it depends on how you felt about the kiss.  I mean you should talk about it...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Well I think it depends on how you felt about the kiss.  I mean you should talk about it...

I'm not sure. That's the worst part

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)