Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's watching Law and Order: SVU with her kid!**EDIT**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 927 Replies
2 moms liked this

My SIL is a freakin idiot! She watches Law and Order:: SVU with her 9 year old DD! Thats not ok for a kid to watch! I have mentioned this to her a few times and she says that it's just a show and her DD knows that. She also knows that these things sometimes happen.I dont know what to do but i just dont think its ok.

Edit--I dont understand why so many of you have to be rude. im just worried for my niece and what shes exposed to. so basically from you all- unless my sil is beating her i should myob. well i still tried talking to her again but this time i just simply asked if she had sat my niece down and explain what the subjects in the show meant and all that. she got mad and told me i needed to back off and that its her kid and when i said i wouldnt do that she hung up on me. i will be talking to my brother tomorrow.

EDIT 2- I am going to bed. continue all you want im not replying until tomorrow seen as all anyone wants to do is call me insane. i dont get it, just because i think kids should not be seeing violent things like this so young, and have the courage to do whats right for my neice. well anyways have fun bashing me, im gunna sleep well knowing im doing whats right :).

EDIT 3- I text The Raven earlier today and we are looking for others to help us in keeping my niece pure! I have PROOF that I am NOT crazy. Look..

Edit4-He gave me permission to have some of you be followers. If you would like to contact me I ask you do so by email so that secrets are not posted on here, and I will be retiring for the night shortly. The email is: theravensfollower@gmail.com

EDIT 5- I am going to be meeting with The Raven today so I may not be here for quite awhile. I will update everyone at how I might convince SIL to stop letting my niece watch that horrible show.

EDIT 6- Wow. I am back and yes, medicated. I suffer from Schzophrenia (mainly). I don't know what the Raven thing was about , I'm working with my therapist on it. I DO harbor innappropriate feelings towards my brother, and that goes back to when we were children. I don't want to say what we dealt with as children. I thought I'd give an update to let you all know. While I don't agree with my SIL choice still to let her DD watch that show, it was my impulsiveness that drove me to harass her about it.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:00 PM
28 moms liked this

Mind your business

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Whatever, don't be so nosy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM

You dont think this is harmful to the kid?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Mind your business

ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it your child?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
20 moms liked this

So?  my kids have been watching Bones, NCIS and Law ans Order for years... and they are now 10 and 12.

Shaynas_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't do it, but not my child, not my business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Im sure a nine year old knows the difference between real and pretend.Mind your own business as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Chill.
summerlove3677
by ReedusSlut on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
My 9 year old daughter has seen it. She knows its just a show
caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm i was totally watching that show with my mom at that age, maybe a little older. I watch that show now with my.7 n 6 year old in the room. I dont allow them to sit and watch it but if they are at the table coloring or doing hw. I wont change it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN