Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

kids SM texts every 5 seconds

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

My kids are with thier dad about 50 percent of the time because we live close.  They are preteens... His wife texts me literally everyday they are there asking me what they can and cant do. Can they eat this? Can they go here? Are they allowed to have a manicure? Stuff like that.  I like her, and my kids love her but this is super freaking annoying! She has been around over 6 years and should know that I do not make demands or rules for thier fathers house. So I have no idea why shes always asking ME permission for stuff, when she does not need it because I trust her. She can do whatever she wants with them, and should be asking thier dad if anybody.  I do not want to hurt her feelings at all but I am busy, I work, and its usually silly stuff like going swimming or something. I know she means no harm at all.  What should I say?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dblhlx
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Be glad that she respects your boundries. Alot of SMs dont.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this
seriously? Is no one ever happy? Be happy about the fact that she respects you and your role as their mother that she doesn't want to overstep anything. good grief if it was the opposite you Would be bitching about that too
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Dont get me wrong, I am very appreciative of her. I just cant take it. Its so uncomfortable

Quoting dblhlx: Be glad that she respects your boundries. Alot of SMs dont.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank her for thinking of you and let her know she has your trust. If she's iffy on something, ask their father unless it's an emergency and just enjoy her time with them. It's great to hear a blended family situation getting along so count your blessings! Lol I know, easier said than done when it's annoying. Just try to remember she thinks she's doing it for your benefit.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Have you seen the amount of people on here bitching that they want the SM to do exactly what this woman is doing?

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Give her the cliff notes version of what you just told us:

"SM, don't worry so much! I trust you with our children - I know you would never do anything with them, or for them, that would put them in harm's way. Enjoy your time with them. Don't worry about asking my permission unless whatever you have planned would alter their appearance for life (tattoo, piercing, genital mutilation, etc)."

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:28 PM
This.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Im not really upset or anything... its just that I dont have the time to make every decision. They have a father.

Quoting mommy_me: seriously? Is no one ever happy? Be happy about the fact that she respects you and your role as their mother that she doesn't want to overstep anything. good grief if it was the opposite you Would be bitching about that too

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Call her up and say "Suzy Q, I trust your judgement when it comes to the kids. I know you're asking me because blah blah blah but it's not always necessary blah blah blah and some other stuff"
dblhlx
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Just re-read my reply. Seriously didnt mean to sound snarky!!! Sorry!! Honestly, even though its annoying, i would personally just leave it alone. She is probably just trying to keep you up to date about whats going on. Alot can change in 6 years with the kids growing up. Also, if you say something she'll probably get all defensive saying you hate her and it'll start all kinds of problems and drama you don't want to deal with. Kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

Dont get me wrong, I am very appreciative of her. I just cant take it. Its so uncomfortable

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)