Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD closet

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
My DD is in high-school and wears some of the most revealing and embarrassing clothes I've ever seen. I tried talking to her about these outfits because I'm embarrassed to be seen with her wearing them but she just became belligerent and said that she buys her own clothes and is grown so she'll do what she wants. I didn't think I had raised her to be so disrespectful or dress so trashy but now she does what she wants and there's nothing I can do about it. I love dd but don't like her attitude and behavior and it's drawing a wedge between us. Any other mom's having or had this problem?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:51 PM
6 moms liked this
She lives under your roof. Why exactly can't you enforce the rules?
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Take everything away and make her earn it back!

Good luck with all that!
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM

She's in high school and lives with you so I don't consider that grown.  I'd throw it out.  She'll go broke trying to replace it and then maybe she'll find something respectable.  Mind you, I don't have a teen so...that's just my opinion.

aimlee
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM

as long as my kids live under my roof its my rules. I would take it all away and buy her a more appropriate wardrobe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Ummm your house. Your rules. You are allowing this so you have no one to blame but yourself!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Those clothes would disappear asap.

I wouldn't care who bought the clothes, she is living in  your house and she must follow your rules. Also she may try to sneak them out of the house and change at school or a friends house before going to school. I would make some surprise visits at the school just to make sure she isn't wearing anything to school that is skimpy and changing before she comes home

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:55 PM
What exactly makes them too revealing? How old is she? Is it possible this is just what she's comfortable in?
StytchWytch
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I'm in agreement with the others. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:59 PM

If you disagree with her clothes, then why aren't they gone? She lives under your roof, is in high school (under 18?), so that means she needs to go by your rules. What makes them too revealing? I think a screen shot is in order, to show what you mean by 'revealing'. When I was in school, my parents forced us to follow the 3 B's. If our boobs, butt or belly were showing, no deal.

julie515
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Okay. So the school should have a dress code...
I do not have a teen yet. My foster mom though tried to regulate how I dressed. I did have my own job though and all my clothes were within school regulations. She eventually figured out that my clothes were a molehill since her friends teens were into drugs and sex and whatnot.
However... say I was to try to leave the house in a mini skirt that was skimpy, she would retaliate. I would be grounded. And for me that meant tons of chores. That happened when I talked back which I did a lot of.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)