Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

was I out of line???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
1 mom liked this
My sister-in-law was at my house yesterday along with other family and friends for a get together (including kids and teen boys)...my sister-in-law has a newborn and she breast feeds (not a big deal so did I) but when she went to nurse she removed her top and sat on my couch basically with everything showing so I told her she needed to go in my bedroom and do that cause it was not appropriate..
She got mad and refused saying what she was doing was natural..so I told her she either had to cover up more, go in my room or leave...she chose to leave...

She is now pissed and called dh complaining about being made to leave....I am sorry, but your not going to sit on my couch topless in front of everyone including my teen son and his friends...
Was I out of line to expect her to either cover up, go in my room or leave?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeSapphire
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I would think she would want to cover out of respect for others. There is a way to nurse without removing you shirt. They make shirts for that purpose. I used to waer one of them or just lift my shirt and use a small towel to cover up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Exactly so did I....I am all for breastfeeding, but I think you should have respect for others around you

Quoting JadeSapphire:

I would think she would want to cover out of respect for others. There is a way to nurse without removing you shirt. They make shirts for that purpose. I used to waer one of them or just lift my shirt and use a small towel to cover up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Why did she take her bra off?

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:03 PM
And by "everything showing", you mean?
susan_marie
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:03 PM

If my ds was at a friends house and came home to tell me what you just decribed I think I would be a bit upset.  I nursed  him and his little sisters, and never exposed myself.  You were not out of line at all.

katarina666
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:03 PM

No you were not out of line she was! What kind of an Idiot does this in front of teen-aged boys? Most breast feeding mothers wear tops that can be lifted up when they need to pop a boob and they  throw a blanket over it. She is an exhibitionist,and an inconsiderate twat! Was it really that much of a big deal to go in another room?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Sounds like bs

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Wait...she took her top completely off?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM

She took her shirt off completely ......she was completely NAKED from the waist up????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM
She said it's just easier to breastfeed without having a shirt or bra on...she has huge breasts I mean she is a 34dd when she isn't nursing so right now she is even bigger

Quoting Anonymous:

Why did she take her bra off?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)