Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you handle baby eczema?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM
  • 49 Replies
My daughter is 10 months. Her skin feels rough and bumpy, her grandma says like an alligator. I have cortizone 1% cream. What lotions help and are safe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BostonGirl0301
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:49 PM
DD had eczema as a baby. I would give her a bath every day but only use soap every other day. Moisturize every day, twice a day if needed. I like Vaseline Intensive Care.
AylaShianne
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:49 PM
My sons pediatrician gave him cortisone cream. It went away in less than a week!
His was on his forehead. Is put the cream on twice a day, washing his face before I did. Pretty simple I think.
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Coconut oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BostonGirl0301
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Also I always used dye and frangrance free laundry detergent.
Mommy1438
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Hers never goes away, and dr said stop using cortizone (used too long can have side effects, including thinning of the skin). He said it's not extremely bad anymore so use Ucerin. It's all over her entire body! every inch of her skin is hard. Even the bottoms of her feet feel like paper recently. :(

Quoting AylaShianne: My sons pediatrician gave him cortisone cream. It went away in less than a week!
His was on his forehead. Is put the cream on twice a day, washing his face before I did. Pretty simple I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheFairest
by Zombie on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Cetaphil, wash and lotion helped ds when he was months old.
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Find the cause. My sons eczema went away when I stopped eating dairy (he was getting it through my breastmilk).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Natural soaps. Check ingredients for things like "Frangrance" and avoid products with alcohol in them.

For DD and myself, I use coconut oil and She Moisture products.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Don't (completely) dry the skin after bathing. While the skin is still moist, moisturize.

Avoid fragrances products like Johnson & Johnson, Baby Magic, etc.

Quoting Mommy1438: Hers never goes away, and dr said stop using cortizone (used too long can have side effects, including thinning of the skin). He said it's not extremely bad anymore so use Ucerin. It's all over her entire body! every inch of her skin is hard. Even the bottoms of her feet feel like paper recently. :(

Quoting AylaShianne: My sons pediatrician gave him cortisone cream. It went away in less than a week!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Mustela
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)