Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He just spanked my son!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 303 Replies
My son is turning five in a couple of weeks. He is still not completely potty trained. He will go on the potty if he has nothing on and usually goes on the potty about half the time when wearing underwear. We have just tried bribing (my second to last resort) since nothing else seemed to be working, but he just went poop in his underwear and my husband spanked him for it. We have not discussed this. We discussed the bribing. And he refuses to apoligize.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fistandantalus
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM
9 moms liked this

Great!  Now your husband can deal with the inevitable backslide his actions will cause.  He can wash all poopy underwear.  He can soothe any night terrors that come up.  He can struggle with the child to get him back into the bathroom.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM
6 moms liked this

Is there some reason why a 5 year old would be pooping and peeing in his pants?  I can understand if a child is sn or a bed wetter at that age but no reason why a normal, healthy 5 year old should be doing that?  I think your DH acted out of frustration which is not cool and will only make potty training worse.

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Is your husband not the father?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:07 PM
34 moms liked this
At 5 unless he is sn he should be potty trained . Maybe it is about time to whip his ass
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:08 PM
He doesn't always want to stop what he is doing. But not liking to poo/pee on the floor and having it run down his legs he will always go when naked. But the underwear hold it in sort of so he doesn't always go.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there some reason why a 5 year old would be pooping and peeing in his pants?  I can understand if a child is sn or a bed wetter at that age but no reason why a normal, healthy 5 year old should be doing that?  I think your DH acted out of frustration which is not cool and will only make potty training worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:09 PM
He is the father.

Quoting sha_lyn68: Is your husband not the father?
susan_marie
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

If my ds pooped his pants at the age of five, I would make him clean them by hand. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:09 PM
10 moms liked this
I would have whooped him to.
Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I don't agree with the spanking but my five year wouldn't be doing that nonsense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:10 PM
12 moms liked this

Good. Sounds like he needed a spanking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)