Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And this is why I'll never eat homemade foods from someone I don't know.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
4 moms liked this
This is now my 4th post about the house from hell we took possession of from my husbands ex. We've now spent an entire week cleaning the house and we still have more to go though its about 95 percent done.

Today we tackled the kitchen. It was beyond disgusting from the counter tops to the fridge to the stove and oven. Caked on food everywhere and nothing looked like to had been cleaned in over 12 years and in all likelihood it probably hadn't.

Have you seen the show hoarders? You know when they show the kitchens and they are so disgusting you want to puke, with mold growing everywhere? Yeah that's what we had to deal with.

This lady wins 1st or 2nd place every year at the county fair for her cakes. I know for certain because I threw away her ribbons that listed the date along with the years she won.

Never will I ever eat food from someone I don't know. Ever again.

To clear up a few thing. My husband and his ex bought the house while they were still married. She was a stay at home mom so the mortgage was only in his name. When they were going through the divorce she tried to get a mortgage on her own but no one would write her one. He decided to leave it in his name so the kids didn't have to move and they agreed she would continue to pay the mortgage and home owners dues. For the last 6 months she hasn't paid the mortgage and for a year and a half she hasn't paid her HOA dues. My husbands credit has taken a nose dive and we have no choice but to move into the house at this point. Once we clean it and do the repairs needed, like a new roof and new appliances we may or may not sell the house.

The children are with her, we fought once before for custody and lost because in this state the mom is almost always awarded custody. We had pictures then and they didn't help our case. We have taken extensive pictures of the condition of the house and once we are done with the cleaning and moving in my husband will contact his attorney and see what he thinks the odds are we will win custody. We don't have a ton of disposable income to fight another custody case we will lose so if the lawyer doesn't believe we have a case then there isn't a lot we can do.

I would love to post pictures but I was asked specifically by my husband not to post pictures of the house because he is incredibly embarrassed.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofne
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

eww

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:20 PM
I never would have anyway, but I'm hoping you wore masks while cleaning that up.
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:21 PM
8 moms liked this
I'd love to see some before and after pics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Did noone live there?
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol well the oven temp would kill most tje nasties
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:23 PM
My husband has been like that since we were dating--never eating food other people makes. He hates potlucks. It's annoying at times, but I totally understand why he feels that way!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Eewww... My dad is deathly, epipen needed, allergic to sunflower seeds. He was eating a lady's special chicken salad and the secret ingredient was sunflower seeds. And ambulance trip to the ER was required. We'll never eat someone's homemade special recipes again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM
I have some before pics but I can't post them, no matter how much I want to I promised my husband I wouldn't. He asked me specifically not to post them on cafemom.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: I'd love to see some before and after pics.
neveragain17
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Ewww did you take pictures? I would like to see haha
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM

So gross. Sorry Op.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)