Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

school pictures are Friday and i

Posted by   + Show Post
Let my 5yo son get the Mohawk he wanted. Yes for some odd reason, his school does spring pictures as well as fall. Spring pictures are full body.
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
LAHnTAH0812
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:51 PM
My husband is a Chuck lidell fan

Quoting TexTornado:

He's cute but why did you go full mohawk.  He looks like some kid living with an alternative lifestyle family.  The Goths of East 24th St. Where is his black leather coat & jack boots?  (I'm being silly, but I hope you get what I mean).

Why not something a little less severe?  Maybe something not quite as tame as the fauxhawk but somewhere in between.

Tracys2
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:52 PM

He'll love having pics of that!

I helped out at our Spring pictures and the people taking them were SO much better. Hope yours turn out great, too!

LAHnTAH0812
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:52 PM
I never got a daughter so it's kinda cool to have hair to do!!

Quoting RazzledRainbows: Awwwwww adorable! My 7 year old wants one but I suck at the upkeep of anyones hair lol
LAHnTAH0812
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:53 PM
His cousin had a rattail until like last year. I kept telling bil I was going to cut it off, ugh lol

Quoting noturavemom:

not really, i agree mullets were hideus but when i was a teenager mohawks were popular among teen boys (in the 80s) i was thrilled to see them coming back again i loved them in the 80s and i love them now

Quoting Anonymous:

They are the mullets of this generation. Everyone thinks they are so cool now, in twenty years people will say "what was I thinking."

Quoting Anonymous: I fail to see why people think this is cute.

abecee
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:54 PM

He will look GREAT. 

One of mine gelled his hair on picture day in an attempt to look exactly like that.

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Can your kid talk my son into allowing me to do that to him? I have been trying for over a year to do that to his hair. He isn't having it. I think it's a fun summer hair cut.
He looks adorable by the way. Some schools here do the fall and spring photos, DS school does not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:56 PM

You did it for YOU not him. I hope his friends don't make fun of him. You are making a spectacle of yourself. "Tough Mom bucks the elementary school..." Classy! He's so cute, why? Never mind, I don't want to know :P

eye rolling

SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:56 PM

He looks adorable

DS wants a bright red mohawk for summer vacation and I'm allowing it. It's against the dress code at his school which is why he asked to have it over summer vaca.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:56 PM

As long as it is not against school dress codes, I would have ok'd it as well. After 3 years dd has decided to let her hair grow out again after having a very short hair style since before kindergarten.  We may have a streak put in or more feathers when summer comes.

Lifeisadream
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:56 PM
I LOVE IT! You're only young once!

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

Mobile Photo

Pic
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)