Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

school pictures are Friday and i

Posted by   + Show Post
Let my 5yo son get the Mohawk he wanted. Yes for some odd reason, his school does spring pictures as well as fall. Spring pictures are full body.
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Nice :) My DSs preschool does that too

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

Mobile Photo

Pic
LAHnTAH0812
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Dh is trying to convince me to do liberty spikes on picture day! He's trying to give his mother a heart attack lol

Quoting abecee:

He will look GREAT.  One of mine gelled his hair on picture day in an attempt to look exactly like that.

LAHnTAH0812
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Lol! I was going to make him wait till summer but I caved.

Quoting Jennyanne322: Can your kid talk my son into allowing me to do that to him? I have been trying for over a year to do that to his hair. He isn't having it. I think it's a fun summer hair cut.
He looks adorable by the way. Some schools here do the fall and spring photos, DS school does not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Heck we have fall pictures, class pictures, and spring pictures.  We seriously just did class pictures Feb 13th and spring pictures are tuesday!  GRRRRR

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I fail to see how this is cute.  

LAHnTAH0812
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Wtf are you talking about lol. He begged me for months to let him get one so I did. It looks good, I took him to a salon. The other kids are going to think it's awesome, I haven't met a kid that didn't, and no matter what anybody thinks, HE likes it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You did it for YOU not him. I hope his friends don't make fun of him. You are making a spectacle of yourself. "Tough Mom bucks the elementary school..." Classy! He's so cute, why? Never mind, I don't want to know :P

eye rolling

LAHnTAH0812
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:02 PM
I don't get it?? Why??

Quoting Anonymous:

Heck we have fall pictures, class pictures, and spring pictures.  We seriously just did class pictures Feb 13th and spring pictures are tuesday!  GRRRRR

LAHnTAH0812
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:03 PM
As far as I know, it's not, but if it's against the rules it's gonna have to go until summer

Quoting frndlyfn:

As long as it is not against school dress codes, I would have ok'd it as well. After 3 years dd has decided to let her hair grow out again after having a very short hair style since before kindergarten.  We may have a streak put in or more feathers when summer comes.

OvenInUse
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not a fan of Mohawks, but he is very cute! He looks like a fun kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:02 PM

How is she doing it for herself when he ASKED for it?

Why would his friends make fun of him? Many kids love mohawks. 

It's just hair for goodness sake, she's not making a spectacle. She's letting her son explore himself in a safe and fun way.

Quoting Anonymous:

You did it for YOU not him. I hope his friends don't make fun of him. You are making a spectacle of yourself. "Tough Mom bucks the elementary school..." Classy! He's so cute, why? Never mind, I don't want to know :P

eye rolling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)