Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My answer to anyone that tries to tell me...

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM
  • 420 Replies
42 moms liked this

that I'm a sinner.

No, I am NOT a sinner. You as a religious person believe that you are a sinner. That's YOUR belief system telling YOU that. I've had religious people tell me that I need "God" because I'm a sinner. No, I don't.

I don't have the same set of beliefs that you do so it's mighty presumptuous of you to tell me that.

\End rant\

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Do people tell you this on a regular basis in real life? I've only ever heard it at church, where I voluntarily went.

DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes. Family, solicitors that come to my home, people out in public.

ETA: People on here.

Quoting Pnukey:

Do people tell you this on a regular basis in real life? I've only ever heard it at church, where I voluntarily went.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:30 PM
13 moms liked this

Do you know what a sin is? It's anything you do wrong. Lie, steal, hurt someone (physically, emotionally, mentally)

That's why everyone is a sinner. Because everyone does something wrong. You can't get away from that. Unless you live a PERFECT life, you are a sinner.

DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:34 PM
13 moms liked this

I have morals and ethics that I follow. I don't call it a sin when I'm immoral or unethical. So, no, I'm not a sinner.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know what a sin is? It's anything you do wrong. Lie, steal, hurt someone (physically, emotionally, mentally)

That's why everyone is a sinner. Because everyone does something wrong. You can't get away from that. Unless you live a PERFECT life, you are a sinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:36 PM
21 moms liked this

No this is one religious view of what sin is. Not all religions have the same view of sin, and not all even have a concept of sin.  As a Sikh, my idea of "sin" and a Christian's idea of sin are different in many ways. One person's sin, is not always sin to another. This is something more people should try and understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Potato, potato.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Ok. 

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
8 moms liked this

That's the one thing I've learned a long time ago was that everyone is entitled to their own set of beliefs. I do my best to never shove my beliefs upon anyone that. I am not ashamed of my beliefs but I don't believe in thumping with my Bible. IF someone asks me what I believe I will tell them but I don't go out of my way to shove them in another's face.

I've had people tell me I was stupid and narrow minded for my beliefs. . .i'll never understand the name calling of another one's beliefs. It's just so. . .petty to me.

JackieGirl007
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
6 moms liked this

Pretty sad that so many people believe mankind is awful just because nobody is perfect. Religion, to conquer and divide. Works every time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
9 moms liked this
We're all sinners.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN