Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My answer to anyone that tries to tell me...

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM
  • 420 Replies
42 moms liked this

that I'm a sinner.

No, I am NOT a sinner. You as a religious person believe that you are a sinner. That's YOUR belief system telling YOU that. I've had religious people tell me that I need "God" because I'm a sinner. No, I don't.

I don't have the same set of beliefs that you do so it's mighty presumptuous of you to tell me that.

\End rant\

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by Jenn on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Do people tell you this on a regular basis in real life? I've only ever heard it at church, where I voluntarily went.

DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes. Family, solicitors that come to my home, people out in public.

ETA: People on here.

Quoting Pnukey:

Do people tell you this on a regular basis in real life? I've only ever heard it at church, where I voluntarily went.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:30 PM
13 moms liked this

Do you know what a sin is? It's anything you do wrong. Lie, steal, hurt someone (physically, emotionally, mentally)

That's why everyone is a sinner. Because everyone does something wrong. You can't get away from that. Unless you live a PERFECT life, you are a sinner.

DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:34 PM
13 moms liked this

I have morals and ethics that I follow. I don't call it a sin when I'm immoral or unethical. So, no, I'm not a sinner.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know what a sin is? It's anything you do wrong. Lie, steal, hurt someone (physically, emotionally, mentally)

That's why everyone is a sinner. Because everyone does something wrong. You can't get away from that. Unless you live a PERFECT life, you are a sinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:36 PM
21 moms liked this

No this is one religious view of what sin is. Not all religions have the same view of sin, and not all even have a concept of sin.  As a Sikh, my idea of "sin" and a Christian's idea of sin are different in many ways. One person's sin, is not always sin to another. This is something more people should try and understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Potato, potato.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Ok. 

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
8 moms liked this

That's the one thing I've learned a long time ago was that everyone is entitled to their own set of beliefs. I do my best to never shove my beliefs upon anyone that. I am not ashamed of my beliefs but I don't believe in thumping with my Bible. IF someone asks me what I believe I will tell them but I don't go out of my way to shove them in another's face.

I've had people tell me I was stupid and narrow minded for my beliefs. . .i'll never understand the name calling of another one's beliefs. It's just so. . .petty to me.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
6 moms liked this

Pretty sad that so many people believe mankind is awful just because nobody is perfect. Religion, to conquer and divide. Works every time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
9 moms liked this
We're all sinners.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)