Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is a SAHM's salary?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:42 PM
  • 182 Replies
1 mom liked this

Salary.com's 13th Annual Mom Salary Survey

Moms. We love them and for good reason. After all, they brought us into the world, raised us, taught us right from wrong and supported us in just about everything we’ve ever done. Biological? Adopted? It doesn’t matter. We owe our mothers everything. And even though they’re too selfless to collect, Salary.com is giving you the chance to hand your mom a check on Mother’s Day by going to our Mom Salary Wizard and finding out what your mom would be paid if moms were – you know – actually compensated.

So that’s why, for the 13th consecutive year, Salary.com surveyed more than 6,000 moms to find out what their top 10 most time-consuming jobs are and how much time per week they spend on each. Then we applied our extensive salary data to each job, factored in the number of hours worked including overtime, crunched all the numbers and POOF – we get an estimate of what mothers would make if they were paid an annual salary.

Click on our infographics to learn more about the stay-at-home and working mom salaries!

It’s more than you think. Get the full breakdown by clicking here. And while you’re here, please check out some of our related content aimed at helping moms, and parents in general. Happy Mother’s Day from everyone at Salary.com!

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:43 PM
3 moms liked this
I hate there stupid comparisons in general
slb235
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM
4 moms liked this

I wish they had a salary breakdown for an unemployed person on welfare.  That'd be interesting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM
2 moms liked this
BS. Too bad most SAHMs don't actually spend all of those hours doing those things.

And only 64 hours overtime for working moms? Also BS.
slb235
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:52 PM
3 moms liked this

A friend posted this on fb.

I just don't get why SAHM or working moms should think that they should be paid for what they do or that there should be a monetary value for their work at home.

What is the point? Is it just to boost self-esteem with something irrational like a person should be paid for doing their laundry?

slb235
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I wish I got paid to vacuum my living room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Lame.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably 160k a year.lol

Quoting slb235:

I wish they had a salary breakdown for an unemployed person on welfare.  That'd be interesting.

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Whatever it takes to make sahms feel like they have worth.
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't get these stupid comparisons. I'm priceless in my role as a mother, daughter, wife, sister etc. I'm a woman I take pride in all my roles, they are priceless. I'm happy to take on the duties as such also.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM
3 moms liked this
Actually it's $0. Maybe the money saved on day care. We'll count that if you need validation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)