Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

green beer & green breastmilk.. what should i do?!!! HELP

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM
  • 178 Replies

In leau of St Patrick's day, I am reminded that not all of us use our common sense and good moral judgements and as a parent, we can't afford not to.

I have witnessed my 20 year old cousin consuming alcohol underage.. big deal right who wasn't drinking at 20? Problem is she is still nursing her 15 month old daughter! She is an all out, in your face breastfeeder and while i prefer some modesty paticularly in the company of my two little kids and ahem, my husband i havent made a big deal about that. What does bother me is her lack of judgement when she drinks and then nurses her daughter very publically so I know she isn't pumping and dumping. While maybe, just maybe, a glass of wine may be acceptable ( it sure isnt to me) she drinks a few glasses! Some of these instances have been at family parties such as a baptism and a birthday. once she did it at my christmas party.

Tonight she posted on her facebook, herself dribking a very large pint of green beer. I just want to smack my head on the screen of my laptop!! Why??!! her family is all under age, she is 20 and her sister 18, her mom has serious medical problems and they hang around drinking and watching soaps all day "watch'? the baby. all i couls think is great, baby is getting green breastmilk tonight...

what are your thought? Am i making too big of a deal of this? Should i say somethins?! what would you do?? I commented on her post " pump and dump, scarlett is too young to celebrate st patty's day like that haha"

25 year old SAHM of two beautiful babies, Aiden july 5, 2008 & Sophia April 6 2010!

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich2.0
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM
9 moms liked this
My thoughts are you no little to nothing about breastfeeding. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, you are making too big a deal of this. Breastfeeding mothers can drink more than a couple of drinks and be fine. The recommendation is that you not be too drunk to safely care for your nursling.
skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Stop being a judgmental bitch.im sure your hubby will survive seeing.A woman breastfeed nothing wrong with it
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree that she should not be drinking like that. I know some will drink a half glass of wine or have a beer but this sounds like a lot more than that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM
She can have a beer or two while nursing. it won't hurt baby. if she is safe to drive, she is safe to nurse. also, pumping and dumping does nothing. If she is getting drunk and nursing baby while she's intoxicated, I would call cps because that is abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't have to pump and dump if you've been drinking...

ceckyl
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Grow up.
LAHnTAH0812
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
If you knew anything about breastfeeding you'd know pumping and dumping is not at all necessary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
While shes not that bright... I can see how you two are related...
ceckyl
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM
There is zero need to pump and dump.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN