Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do if your you saw this built in your neighbors yard

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Assuming your area is zoned for chickens...
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Replies (111-113):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:15 AM

I hate to burst your bubble sweetness but even with out a HOA, which I too disagree with.

There are still laws governing what you can and cannot do with your property, including zoning and building codes.

Despite what you think you can't build a rickety structure and get away with it - in most places that are worth living in anyhow. Im sure in some back woods don't give a shit township you can. But most people in those types of places are related by grandparents.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would do nothing. I specifically moved to a neighborhood WITHOUT a homeowners association because I didn't like the idea of my neighbors telling me what I could or couldn't do with my own property. I'm happy to extend that same courtesy to them.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:37 AM

About two years ago one of my neighbors got chickens and a rooster. I must have yelled at that damn thing every single day (I doubt he heard me it was always to myself or our windows were shut but he was so damn loud and our neighbors are close) It took about 4 months for the stink to become unbearable and we never ever went outside. I think someone else reported them because suddenly one day smell and all the animals were gone. I was never so happy with a neighbor! Course then they got a dog who never STFU but that lasted about 2 months. They've been quiet since thankfully!!! 

Quoting AlwaysKISA: Ugh I had a neighbor who bought baby chicks and were told they were ALL hens. The fuckers grew up and one turned out to be a rooster. Most annoying crap ever!! And then, of course, came more....
Quoting rosemagic01:

Hope to all hell that they have no intentions of getting a rooster?

prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Wtf is it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)