Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smokers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I smoke cigarettes. 
I just found out I am pregnant.
Quitting is very important to me right now, and failing is not an option.
What did you do to quit smoking and how did you cope with withdrawls?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM
I'm 18 weeks and still haven't managed to completely qui t :/ I've cut way way back though using a vap I ordered online. I'm hoping I can quit completely in the next couple of weeks. I've been smoking for years and I'm going through a ton of stress right now and cigs are my number one destressor so it's very rough for me but I.feel super guilty about smoking too...I wish it were easier!
cfcf
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM
I bought one Blu. When it ran out I still used it to simulate smoking. The feeling of puffing something and holding a "cigarette" helped after the physical urges subsided.
Crystaa
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Life Savers Mints.. lots of mints lol but it worked for me. Good luck you can do it :)
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I cut back. One cigerette at a time. When I was okay with my new number per day, I cut back by one more, over and over, until I was making a cigarette last me 1+ days. I had my last drag at about 2 months pregnant, and my daughter is now 3 months old. :)

Good luck, and congrats!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Quoting Joie35: I'm 18 weeks and still haven't managed to completely qui t :/ I've cut way way back though using a vap I ordered online. I'm hoping I can quit completely in the next couple of weeks. I've been smoking for years and I'm going through a ton of stress right now and cigs are my number one destressor so it's very rough for me but I.feel super guilty about smoking too...I wish it were easier!

You probably shouldnt quit now, it could send the baby into shock and it could die. Also, the vape cigs produce more niccotine than a cig so you might want to not use that. 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM
I just stopped. I put it in my mind that my future child was more important, and went from there. Never had an issue.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Actually, my Dr told me vaping was better because it lacks the other chemicals which are even more potentially harmful than just nicotine. He told me I've smoked too long and been too heavy a smoker to go cold turkey but I was better off gradually switching to the vap which is what I've been doing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Joie35: I'm 18 weeks and still haven't managed to completely qui t :/ I've cut way way back though using a vap I ordered online. I'm hoping I can quit completely in the next couple of weeks. I've been smoking for years and I'm going through a ton of stress right now and cigs are my number one destressor so it's very rough for me but I.feel super guilty about smoking too...I wish it were easier!

You probably shouldnt quit now, it could send the baby into shock and it could die. Also, the vape cigs produce more niccotine than a cig so you might want to not use that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:15 PM

How long had you been smoking for? I have been smoking for 10 years now. Just stopping would be hell for everyone, my hormones are already raging, i would be a complete mess. 

Quoting hautemama83: I just stopped. I put it in my mind that my future child was more important, and went from there. Never had an issue.

JuneCleaver256
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:15 PM
They say its better to cut back or swap to vaping or electronic cigs now because withdrawal could harm the baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Idk research has told me otherwise but good luck. 

doctors arent always right. 

Quoting Joie35: Actually, my Dr told me vaping was better because it lacks the other chemicals which are even more potentially harmful than just nicotine. He told me I've smoked too long and been too heavy a smoker to go cold turkey but I was better off gradually switching to the vap which is what I've been doing.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN