Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child Abuse...

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:31 PM
  • 37 Replies
10 moms liked this

Apparently, some of you sacntimommies are unclear on what is and is not abuse. Just because a parent makes different decisions for their children than you do, doesn't mean that they are abusing them. Some parents believe differently than you do. 

I know I have said this before in other posts but I was abused for real. Most of the mothers on this site have no idea what real abuse is like. So those of you complaining that your neighbor is abusing her kids because she feeds them fast food, swats them on the butt for misbehaving, circumcises her son, or puts her child in daycare while she works would probably die of shock if you heard about HALF of the things that I experienced as a child. Maybe it is a good thing that you had such a wonderful childhood that you see these things as the worst thing that can happen to a child but what many of you mothers really need is perspective.

In the grand scheme of things, a hamburger, a spanking, or a bit of foreskin is NOTHING. My brother has nightmares and sleeps in my bed at least twice a week, not because he was circumcised or ate a hamburger, but because he was molested and made to sit beside the bed and watch while I was raped. Just watching the abuse that I went through was enough to traumatize him. Luckily, I was able to spare him from most of the hell that I went through. No one spoke up to protect me but I spoke up to protect him. You know NOTHING of abuse or neglect.

I'm so sick of sactimommies throwing the word "abuse" around when it does not apply because it is a strong word that generates emotion. If you say "Well, I prefer not to feed my children fast food" than other mothers may think "Well, that's your choice but I disagree" but if you say "Feeding your children fast food is abuse" than weak minded mother think "Oh, well I don't want to abuse my kids." What some mothers need is to get their heads out of their own asses. It must be nice to not only have the confidence that you are making the choices that make the most sense for yourself and your family but that you are making the "right" choice and that everyone else's choices are wrong. I would kill for that kind of confidence. Instead, I have to think critically about everything I do, ask advice, research, and STILL worry over whether or not I made the right decision because that is what mothers do. I would love to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that whatever decision you make is right and everyone else is wrong. 

I'm sorry for the rant but abuse is really a hot button for me. Rant over.

Conner, Wyatt, and Tabitha

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:44 PM

BUMP!

Rjcdm
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:47 PM

BUMP

RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:50 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:53 PM
I'm sorry you had to go thru that! I'm glad you made it out.
I agree with you. I was abused, not to that extent, but there were many times I was thrown against the wall and beat until I could barely walk. I'm glad that my mom had the courage to leave him.
So when some says that a swat on the butt or the hand is abuse, I just want to let them have it.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I used to just laugh at them but, since joining CM, I just get pissed.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sorry you had to go thru that! I'm glad you made it out. I agree with you. I was abused, not to that extent, but there were many times I was thrown against the wall and beat until I could barely walk. I'm glad that my mom had the courage to leave him. So when some says that a swat on the butt or the hand is abuse, I just want to let them have it.

Conner, Wyatt, and Tabitha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:59 PM
I an so sorry for you. I know these crazy cafemoms are stupid they claim abuse, sue, and have nothing going in in their lives they have to make drama with other moms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

A-friggin-men! 
I'm sorry you've experienced the things you have but the things that are called child abuse on this site are ridiculous.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

I used to just laugh at them but, since joining CM, I just get pissed.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sorry you had to go thru that! I'm glad you made it out.
I agree with you. I was abused, not to that extent, but there were many times I was thrown against the wall and beat until I could barely walk. I'm glad that my mom had the courage to leave him.
So when some says that a swat on the butt or the hand is abuse, I just want to let them have it.

It is crazy to me that the word get thrown around like it sums up everything someone doesn't agree with to the point the word itself means nothing
Mom2four1984
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:13 PM

I agree with you OP. the phrase "child abuse" or "abuse" are thrown around on this site way to freely over stuff that is so far from actual abuse it's not even funny. It's really sad how many women on here think that their way is the best and only way and go as far as calling what other people do "abuse" or "mutilation". 

DragonInfinity
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Agreed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)