Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Man raped, woman pregnant, ETA* info on male rape

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:49 PM
  • 286 Replies
1 mom liked this

Since so many seem to be ignorant about male rape, here is an informative report on the subject...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/living/chris-brown-female-on-male-rape/

I saw this in Dear Prudence's column today... a man was raped. Now he finds out that the woman who raped him is about to give birth to what very well may be his child. Prudie referred the lw to a lawyer in order to figure out his legal status in this case.

However, this does bring up a moral issue... should a man be on the hook for years to support the child (ie, give monthly support) of the woman who raped him? This is even more heinous than poking a hole in the condom or lying about birth control....this is rape.

Most of us are adamantly against the idea of forcing a woman to maintain contact with her rapist in the case of a rapist seeking custody of his children...what if the rapist is the woman, rather than the man?

Should the woman automatically lose custody of the baby because she is a rapist? 

On the other hand, what are the needs of the child in the matter. If we are going to say that the child needs the father's support, then what about children of rape whose bm's adopt them out because she does not want the daily reminder of her rape?

(And for those who are ignorant of the fact...yes, absolutely men can be raped.)

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:52 PM

BUMP!

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM
7 moms liked this
He shouldn't be forced, but if he wants custody, he should get it. If not, adopt the baby out. Rapists shouldn't be around children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
No, he should not be on the hook nor should the rapist have custody of the child.
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:56 PM

What if the woman chooses not to adopt the baby out? 

Do you think the courts should terminate her parental rights?

I'm not sure they would....

Quoting B1Bomber: He shouldn't be forced, but if he wants custody, he should get it. If not, adopt the baby out. Rapists shouldn't be around children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:56 PM
7 moms liked this
Yea I guess I'm ignorant I can't get past the man was raped?
N1ght1ngale
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:56 PM
9 moms liked this

Uhm... I may be ignorant on the ways of sex.. But isn't it impossible to technically " rape" a man and get pregnant? First.. He'd have to ENJOY it to " get off" in the first place.. He doesn't just ..poof.. Let go unless it feels good.. For that matter, if he's unwillingly and hates it, he won't get up! 

PI have already educated myself on how this can take place, it posted to the next page unfortunately..  I asked my brother and he assured me this does happen, even if not common.. 

For those who responded with kind words furthering my education on this topic and were tactful and insightful, I bet your kids must be A students! You are truly great mothers who act and not react when presented with an opportunity to enlighten others..

for those who responded through cursing, anger, hate, or contribute positively to the topic in anyway, I'm sorry you grew up in a ghetto neighborhood with neglectful parents with no opportunity to educate yourself.. Please don't continue the pattern of ignorance and intolerance through your children, rise above your limitations and become decent representatives of society today! Your kids will be less embarrassed by you in the latter years and thank you for it.. 

Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Sadly, it'd hard to prove rape on a man.

He shouldn't be obligated to that child and if he wants custody he should get it. She shouldn't have it. If he doesn't want it then adoption.
exhaustedmother
by Amy on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this

He should not have to pay child support to that woman and she should not get custody of the chid either

Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM

She should not have custody of the child because she is a rapist. If the father doesn't want custody the baby should be put up for adoption. However, I am guessing that this man did not press charges. Without a conviction she is innocent and nothing can be done other than him trying to get visitation or custody. The same is true if a woman is raped. The rapist has rights unless he is convicted of her rape and in some states he has rights even if he is convicted.

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM

If it was legitimately rape, then no. He should not have to have anything to do with the woman or the child. That is like using IVF eggs and sperm and then contacting the donors for child support, only far worse. The problem is, 9 months later, how can he prove rape?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN