Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

geez is it really that weird to put butter on a grilled cheese?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 510 Replies
4 moms liked this

i went to eat tonight at a local fast food resteraunt known for its hotdogs (not a chain fast food)  anyway my daughter hates their hotdogs cuz they steam them,so i ordered her a grilled cheese and when my order was ready i asked the lady at the counter if i could have a little pat of butter on the side and she looks at my tray which has the grilled cheese, my two hotdogs and an order of fries and she looks shocked and says "BUTTER ? what for?" so i said "for the grilled cheese" and she goes "well thats a first!" then i hear her go back in the kitchen and says "someone wants butter!" and the cook goes "what the hell do they want butter for?" and the lady goes "apparently for the grilled cheese ,go figure" then she comes back with alittle plastic container of butter(the little containers u put squirtketchup in)  and practically throws it on my tray, WTF i grew up eating butter on grilled cheese and so did my kid , i cant be the only one?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bakerytreatz16
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM
243 moms liked this
I've always made my grilled cheese with butter. But I've never put it on it after it was cooked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
4 moms liked this
This.

Quoting bakerytreatz16: I've always made my grilled cheese with butter. But I've never put it on it after it was cooked.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
9 moms liked this
I've seen pretty weird stuff though and butter on a grilled cheese is not weird.
conniejo75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
This

Quoting bakerytreatz16: I've always made my grilled cheese with butter. But I've never put it on it after it was cooked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
14 moms liked this
I've always used it to cook the sandwich with but never after. My arteries are clogging thinking about it. To each their own.
mericanbelle18
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Yeah this

Quoting cntrdmom: This.

mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
9 moms liked this
I butter the bread before I cook it.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM
this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Id.never heard of it until my ex made grilled cheeses one time.
finnbar
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM
16 moms liked this
I slather the bread with butter before grilling. That's what makes it crunchy and golden.

So you have been on the fast train to a coronary your whole life? Lol

The waitress should not have been rude to you over such a simple and reasonable request tho
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)