Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you hold and comfort a dirty child?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If a filthy urine soaked child ran up to you scared and wanting you to hold them (as in they just got away from a bad situation, as in, kidnapping, or a neglectful family) Would you hold them and comfort them or turn them away because they were dirty and smelly?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Replies (281-285):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:48 AM
See in a situation like that it's easy to believe that someone would help. But if a kid just ran up to you (in general) from outta nowhere filthy and crying most people may say "well he's probably just a brat with shitty parents- I'm gonna mind my own business". I mean how many times have you seen a child at the store act like they've been beat because their parents didn't give them the toy they want or whatever? There would be no actual way to know that child was a victim of kidnapping or what have you if you just happened upon him. To me it depends on the situation- where am I? Where did this kid come running from? Will it put my child at harm if I stop to help this one? Too many variables for me to give a true, honest answer.

Quoting gypsy_rose: Well I know I would be. I was covered in anothers childs blood because the child cracked his head open and the adult (grandpa) panicked and would not go near the kid. So I had to sit on the dirty ground holding pressure on the childs head so it bled less. I honestly could not belive no one else moved to help.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm willing to bet that a good percentage of you people would not be as loving and compassionate as you think.
JanieJo
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Question hits kind of close to home. My 5 year old still has accidents and he stayed with a new sitter a few nights ago. Of course I informed the sitter of this. When I got home he was standing in a corner in the kitchen with wet and dirty pants and he was bawling! She had the nerve to say she didn't realize he needed help. I was livid!
avoiceformyboys
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
If a naked baby covered in crap and urine came to me to get away from a bad situation I would not only pick the baby up and comfort it I would also find out who was after this baby and handle the situation .
My3CharmedOnes
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 4:54 PM

yes i would, Im washable. he/she needs help and i will help them if i can or get them to someone who can

brendap69
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:02 PM

i would def. hold and comfort the child!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)