Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am irritated at my friend who's cheating the system

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
First let say I try never to judge others for getting the help they need for their family. Now let me say I'm appalled and disgusted by an acquaintance of mine who is cheating the system. She has been married twice and has one child from each marriage. She's currently with a man who has claimed to fully take on her children as his own, financially and emotionally, however that is not truly the case. The mother claims to the government that she is just a tenant in his BRAND NEW home. She claims she pays rent, although she has stated to us repeatedly that this isn't true. She claims she has zero income, however he gives her $100 a week just for fun money. She receives insurance from the government, food stamps, housing assistance, and childcare next year so younger kid can go to preschool. Older kid gets free lunch, they get into city events (ie swimming class and library classes) for free, she gets a zoo pass to our local zoo at a significantly reduced rate, and she is in other programs too. She takes WIC, oh and he eats all of the food she gets from food stamps, so they don't have any out of pocket there!

So you're saying, "So what?" Well she quit her job to stay home and get these benefits because it's $25 more a month than she was making after she paid for a sitter. He is very well educated and makes a large income. They own a sports car, a fairly new mini van, and a truck, all in his name so they don't have to admit it's hers. She just got write off for some debt of hers due to no income. They take lavish vacations, soon they'll be going to Mexico for the week, and Florida/Bahamas in the fall, plus other mini vacations. She gets messages, owns an iPad, iPhone, 2 laptops, a state of the art sewing machine ($1290 I only know because I honestly Ann envious of that!) They have a 64" flat screen, and other smaller ones, gaming systems, he's got plastic surgery not covered by insurance, scheduled next month. She eats out every day for lunch, he buys her designer clothes, and jewelry, and gets her nails done biweekly! She owns more designer purses and shoes than I do, and I don't cheat the system! They eat steak and lobster frequently. He's in finance, and I know he didn't accumulate lots of debit. Oh and he owns a 6 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath with everything new.My DH works hard for everything we own.

I know I should mind my own business, but it's people like this that give those who are truly in need, a bad name! I've never been on assistance, but it ticks me off beyond words! Am I a horrible Bitch for disliking this about her?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:34 AM
OH AND SHE GETS CHILD SUPPORT TOO
leanntx
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:35 AM
8 moms liked this
So report her for fraud.
FelineTopic
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
mmmmm...

Steak and lobster...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:37 AM
I think its wrong in so many ways! Ive seen it with my own eyes, people I know will spend over 1000 in toys for their kids for Christmas when we who have never been on PA can usually only spend a couple hhundred.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
So report her. It's not really that difficult. Either that, or shut up about it.
.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Then report her or shut up
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Must be nice
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd be turning her ass in.  I would not be minding my own business. 

ElizabethGracie
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Why does she need rent assistance if she lives with him?

CafeMom Tickers

Mama to Anthony Alexander-11/11/11,Anatoly William-6/21/13,Waylon Paul-6/21/13 and expecting Baby #4 on 4/22/14!

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you."

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Ya I know some women who are "tenants" in a guys house...

Can't believe the system doesn't see through that...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN