Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Jealous of the progress my brother is making, and he is a SINGLE dad!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My dd is 4 and his dd is 3.5

His daughter already knows the basic foundations on how to count. read, do math problems, speak clear complete sentences. I sat there stunned! I have a husband who works part time and would rather play video games all day if he doesn't have to work.  Our girls are so different, she sits there calm and patient playing on her iPad while we talk. Mine is grabbing me, calling me, rolling on the floor.... ugghhh wtf. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pistolpink
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Every kid is different you shouldn't compare when it comes to learning new things. The grabbing and yelling while you're talking is behavioral and can be fixed.
Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Then teach your child how you want her to behave. Ds was the same, kinda.... until I went to visit my then boyfriend's mom... we tasked about parenting and she gave me guidelines- like unless it was an emergency, ds should be able to say excuse me and wait for the attention, etc.

She was, still is, a BIG help with parenting advice.
AuntieM
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:31 AM
My grandkids are like that. Liam is three and a half, knows and recognizes all his letters, can write most of them, verbally spells his name and writes it. Speaks in clear, full sentences, is learning how to express his emotions (I am sad because...I am upset because...). He is learning to make his own sandwiches and cereal.

Ehma is four and recognizes and identifies her letters. She does not speak clearly, she doesn't dress herself, can't write her name or even verbally spell it. She does not attempt making her own food, is in constant motion, and doesn't pay attention.

They are six months apart in age but Ehma is developmentally about a year behind Liam. We try very hard not to compare them because each kid is different. Also, Ehma is getting tubes in her ears on Monday due to frequent ear infections. We are hoping she will start catching up once she can hear better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:35 AM

My two children raised in the same home are as different as night and day like that. My daughter is a wild one who you can't get to count to 10 but her 15 month younger brother who is 3, he will sit and count to 20 and say his alphabet and knows colors and shapes. Raised exactly the same. Just different types of kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Well work with her more on what you want her to learn. And teach her how to behave. Idk why people make it harder than it is. Teacher manners and such and you won't be jealous of your brother.

(Discounting special needs children!)
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

the obvious answer here is to divorce your husband and get with your brother.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:13 AM
They're just different.
Stop comparing. It will drive you crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:14 AM
Every kid is different. Some are calmer than others. My 3 year old is very articulate for her age, but calm she is not!
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Make a little incestew

Quoting dmarie2101:

the obvious answer here is to divorce your husband and get with your brother.

TurtleMami
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:18 AM
Before you compare the children, compare the parenting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)