Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If YOU have Depression

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:17 AM
  • 36 Replies
10 moms liked this
I want to tell you something...

it lies. It will tell you that you are worthless, that you are a burden, you don't deserve to be happy, and sometimes that you would be better off dead. But depression lies, it preys on our fears, it whispers to us, and it is so very hard to ignore. But you do have worth, look in the eyes of your child, because in the eyes of that child you are the most worthwhile person on this planet. You are loved, you are needed. You have a value that is measured in hugs, kisses, and the word "mom". You have value to your partner, who would not be the same person without you. You may feel like you are wandering through a wasteland all alone, but I promise you there are people setting up an oasis just for you. And they want you to go to them, they want to hold you, they want you to be able to look in the mirror and see how much you are really, truly worth. Don't be afraid to reach out to the hands that are so desperate to grab yours.

For there to be shadow, there must first be light.

Small Edit- Please feel free to use this post to connect with others. Especially if you are feeling like this and you need that hand to reach out for you.
Another edit- If you think you have no one then you have me. I will not disclose anyone's screen names who contacts me and will gladly offer what help I can.
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuchAKillJoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:20 AM

BUMP!

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Bump!! (((Hugs))) mamas
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:23 AM

That may be true, but for all the reaching out I've done all I get is, "You're not trying hard enough." "So and so has it worse than you." "We don't want to hear it."

Meh. Maybe depression doesn't lie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:23 AM
I seriously got teary eyed. Sometimes I do feel worthless and I try to fight that feeling. This was a great read.
Megs5384
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually really needed this. Even if it did make me tear up and make my nose even more stuffed up than it already was! lol Thanks for posting. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
This made me tear up. Thank you. I think I'm actually falling into a depression, but trying so hard to stay positive. Night times are always the hardest.
Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:26 AM
If you want, you can reach out to me. I suck at talking on the phone but I'd like to think I'm a great texter. I suffer from depression too.

Sometimes it all depends on the people you surround yourself with.

Quoting Anonymous:

That may be true, but for all the reaching out I've done all I get is, "You're not trying hard enough." "So and so has it worse than you." "We don't want to hear it."

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:29 AM

i have been depressed for years now.... nothing helps.... i feel worthless all the time... i feel like dying every single day, i feel like a horrible parent i feel ugly every day of week....

raeyliNlilysmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:29 AM
This made me tear up. Thanks for posting this. <3
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Thank you, but what I really need most is my family. They've bailed on me pretty much. They won't speak to me, only my husband. They tell him they want me to get better and they love me, but they don't spend any time with me or talk to me at all. When I call them for support they want nothing to do with me. I appreciate the countless strangers who've offered, and I've taken several up on the offer. I just can't pretend replacing them will help. I need to get over them.

Quoting Shy_Dia: If you want, you can reach out to me. I suck at talking on the phone but I'd like to think I'm a great texter. I suffer from depression too. Sometimes it all depends on the people you surround yourself with.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)