Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mil wants me to keep a secret from dh UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My mil who is the sweeties found out she jad breast cancer in both breast ,they removed her breast and just finished chemo . Now they are doing radiation . Just today they found more lumps on her neck and think it may have spread . She hasn't told her kids and she doesn't want me to tell my dh . What should I do ????? Right before he found the cancer last year she left fil of 40 years because cheated and hit her for years and none of her 4 kids believe her so she only tells me everything .... HELP

EDIT mil told dh and the other kids . Thank goodness . I talked to dh and told him I was sorry I couldn't keep it from him much longer . He said he wasn't upset with me that he understands she needed to talk to someone . Thanks for all of your input ladies .
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:57 AM
Replies (171-175):
Jellojigglers
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Respect her wishes!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:49 PM
When I was a freshman in college my Daddy was diagnosed with lymphoma. My Mom simply said your Dad is sick and going to have chemo. I got really pissed off because it was like she was keeping information from me. I basically went spastic on her and told her I'm old enough to understand what's going on I'm not stupid he obviously has some sort of cancer. After yelling at her for 10 mins she told me everything. I shouldn't have had to yell, I regret yelling because I disrespected her but she should have been open with me. If my significant other knew something major like that and didn't tell me, it would be very hurtful and upsetting it's also breaking trust. It's lying by omission. I would tell her first that you are going to tell hubby. It's important that she has someone she can trust and talk to, but your relationship with your husband is also important. I will be praying for your MIL as well as your family. Hopefully the doctors can get everything taken care of.
Diane1223
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I would tell my husband, it's his mom!!

AviannasMama
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:36 AM
I would tell him. But only bc I know he's not the type to run and call her. He would act like he didn't know.
amnesiacaj
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Glad you don't have to carry that one around alone anymore! I don't think I could have hung in there as long as you did - but my MIL woulda told the whole world before I figured out what to do with the info, so I don't have that worry!

Hope it isn't as bad as it sounds - hang in there!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN