Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am going to be the D.D. for my daughters 18th bday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies

Her and her bf are going out for dinner and then going to one of the bars. She knows she will be drinking and doesnt want to drive home

Apparently according to my sister a parent should be a designate driver for their kids. I disagree though and would rather know she is having someone pick her up

Would you be a DD for your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maxi_Maxi
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:05 AM
3 moms liked this
I personally wouldn't offer that up, I don't condone drinking in excess, but if they called me I would come get them.
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:05 AM

yes I would, but where do you live that it is legal for 18 yr olds to get into a bar and drink?  I would probably call a cab for her

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

If my kid needed me to come get her or him, yeah I would.  However, I wouldn't be okay with either planning on getting drunk on their 18thbirthday since that's not the legal drinking age where I am.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this

If my son drinks when he is older, he can always call us. We have already told him. But, I hope he never goes out drinking like that, to just get drunk. We believe in drinking, like wine with dinner. But, not shots at a bar to get wasted.

btw, the drinking age is 18 in Canada and Europe. Basically, everywhere but the us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I am in Canada

Quoting littlelamb303:

yes I would, but where do you live that it is legal for 18 yr olds to get into a bar and drink?  I would probably call a cab for her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I don't condone drinking in excess but I also don't feel comfortable driving after a drink or two.

I would probably be the DD... But it would be hard for me not to judge how drunk she was.
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:13 AM
i dont know. i am kinda torn on the subject. i am not my childs friend but then again i want him to be able to call me if he needs me. i would rather pick him up than have him drive drunk. my parents have picked me up before but i was over 21.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:13 AM
In certain Canadian provinces the drinking age is 18.
I believe it's 18 in England as well.

Quoting littlelamb303:

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Is 18 the legal drinking age where you are? If yes, then yes I would but only if I could eat with them. If no, then no I wouldn't and I would let her know drinking isn't acceptable if she wanted to continue living in my house.
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:14 AM
if its legal then yes i would.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am in Canada

Quoting littlelamb303:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)