Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have You Ever Noticed that Most Successful Men Have SAHM Wives?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've worked for a long time in very professional, corporate settings. And I can't help but to have noticed that most successful, high-earning men have SAHM wives. What came first - the chicken or the egg? Were these men able to become successful because their wives were handling most/everything on the home front, enabling them to focus primarily on their careers? Or did these men become successful first, later earning the income that would allow their wives to SAHM?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:31 AM
6 moms liked this

Wow, my mind is fucked. Hope you wore a condom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:32 AM
I haven't noticed this.
MizzSuzy
by Hello Kitty on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:32 AM
I don't even know what to say lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:33 AM
5 moms liked this
I'd like to see some statistics on that. Most high powered successful men I've ever known ditched their first wives when they became successful. A lot of times it was the wife financially supporting him while he got the education and climbed the ladder. THEN, he remarried someone willing to sit at home raising his kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't really seen this...but I would guess that yes of course if the husband has higher income the chances that the wife stays home is higher.

I am not a SAHM right now, but if DH made enough to provide EVERYTHING we could possibly need, want, and then some...of course I'd be a SAHM!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Right! Which marriage are they on is the first question. Lol

Quoting Anonymous: I'd like to see some statistics on that. Most high powered successful men I've ever known ditched their first wives when they became successful. A lot of times it was the wife financially supporting him while he got the education and climbed the ladder. THEN, he remarried someone willing to sit at home raising his kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Wow. That's mind blowing.

I think it is an interesting conversation, but the variable is definitely divorce.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd like to see some statistics on that. Most high powered successful men I've ever known ditched their first wives when they became successful. A lot of times it was the wife financially supporting him while he got the education and climbed the ladder. THEN, he remarried someone willing to sit at home raising his kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:37 AM
It makes sense to me. Money isn't an issue and if the man is very successful he probably works quite a lot, so I don't see why the wife would work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:37 AM

I worked for the first decade of our relationship (opposite him so someone would be with the children) when we were ready, financially, I became a SAHM.

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm...interesting ida..

Dh makes 6 figures and I'm a SAHM...we are comfortable, but definitely not rich by any means. When we got married 18 years ago, he did NOT make his current salary..as a matter of fact, he was in the AF and between us we grossed $14K annually. When he separated from the AF 14 years ago, his starting salary was 6 figures and it has steadily increased over the years. I worked until we brought our oldest dd home from China 7 years ago and then I became a SAHM. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)