Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just thought she was fat... UPDATE! UPDATE 2!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

But I guess not. She chose the bottom of a closet that needed cleaning out. Lol it has a box of clothes and blankets I was going to donate. Woke up to three brand new kittens! Guess I should cancel her appointment to be spayed. :/ going to call the vet when they open at ten, but. .. any advice? There's a third, but he's snuggled close to her and I don't want to disturb them too much.
UPDATE 2: There wound up being five little fuzz balls. They have grown so much in a week. She moved them to my storage room. Lol she's being a great mommy and three have homes waiting on them, one may (is probably..lol) stay with me. Just one is waiting on a family to fall in love with her. And as soon as the vet gives the okay, she and babies will be spayed or neutered. They're so adorable!
ETA: FIVE! WE HAVE FIVE, NOW! I had to cut the cord of the last little boy...the only black and white one and only boy!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Do I need to do anything? Lol I've never had this happen before!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM
How old is the mama?

Why didn't you get her fixed sooner?

How did you not know she was pregnant?

The kittens are cute! But kittens are a pain to find homes for... Good luck! Be sure to get any if the ones you get stuck with fixed!
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Just watch to make sure mom is tending to them. They also need clean, warm bedding.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

She'll handle them, just make sure they have someplace warm to sleep, and that she has plenty of food and water.

lbragg2005
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Just make sure they are getting enough milk from the mother. If anything go out and get a kitten bottle and powder milk mix.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM
No idea, maybe a year? I had an appointment before this, but the weather has been insane. I had to reschedule twice. I don't have any clue how she got pregnant. I've had her since November and she's indoor only. At the first check up, they said she wasn't. I have two out door cats. ..but they don't come in. Barn cats.
The other indoor cat is a cranky old woman. I'm stumped.

Quoting Anonymous: How old is the mama?

Why didn't you get her fixed sooner?

How did you not know she was pregnant?

The kittens are cute! But kittens are a pain to find homes for... Good luck! Be sure to get any if the ones you get stuck with fixed!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM
She picked the closet with old baby blankets. Lol I guess she picked good! Mama kitty is being great. I had no idea. I can't believe I slept through it!

Quoting bowribbonmama: Just watch to make sure mom is tending to them. They also need clean, warm bedding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Today is my first day off in two weeks. Lol we share a vehicle, so I'll have dh pick one up for me on his way home.

Quoting lbragg2005: Just make sure they are getting enough milk from the mother. If anything go out and get a kitten bottle and powder milk mix.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Do I need to bring it to her? Or will she go to the kitchen to eat like normal?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

She'll handle them, just make sure they have someplace warm to sleep, and that she has plenty of food and water.

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Aw, kitty babies :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)